Greetings from the UK

greetings from another northwester. If your near macclesfield, you would be welcome to visit our club see maccukulele.
Phil

Welcome to UU! :shaka:

I believe I have fixed the issue with your signature pic. The captchas should stop soon (after 10 posts). Let me know if they continue.

Hello Korala Girl,

Another from the UK here. I live on Teesside. I also own a Korala uke. I have a spruce top concert. Very nice instrument. The cheaper ones seem to get quite good write ups.

Hi barefootgypsy, Thank you for the welcome! I'm not far from 10 posts now, I would love to have a look at the nUUbs group for newbies, thank you! I'll try not to have so much fun that I forget to play my Ukulele! I am doing quite well though, I am managing to retune it every day, and practice my strumming on the C chord. I think I might try to learn another chord, and then hopefully I can play a song! I want some nice easy songs to start with! :music:

The Big Kahuna, I'm ashamed to admit I already have a graphics tablet, I just haven't used it much yet! :eek: I guess I will have to practice!

Hiya ukuleledaveey, There are so many from England on here, I thought there would not be many Ukulele players in the UK, I guess I was wrong! I'm not very good with a paintbrush, which is why I tend to stick to pencils, I remember making quite a mess at school when I mixed all the paints together and got some yucky browns and purples! LOL! Good Luck with getting back into your painting, I'd love to see some of your work when you do.

Hi Garydavkra, Wow, you started in England and went to America? You have travelled a lot! Thank you for the welcome, I am glad to see everyone is nice and friendly here! :)

Hi Phil, unfortunately I'm quite a way from Macclesfield, it would be quite a trek for me! But thank you very much for the invite!

Thank you so much, seeso! I can see my signature pic now! And it looks like my Captchas might have disappeared! Yippee! :D

We tend to steal cast iron gutters ;)

Oh no, I have cast iron gutters and drainpipes, should I be worried? They tend to steal lead flashing and heavy duty electrical cabling round here, so hopefully I'll be alright! :rolleyes:

Hi SamJ1206, I live in Lancashire. Not too far from you.

Hello Tootler, I love your avatar, a very cute rag doll playing the Ukulele! :) Oh cool, another Korala Uke! Glad to hear you like it, and that the cheaper ones (like the one I got) get a good write up. I saw some reviews where they said the strings went out of tune easily, and some that all they were good for was firewood! Thankfully the Korala's were getting good reviews, and that it was great quality for the price you pay, so I'm hoping I landed on a good one. I am very happy with it so far, and think the strings might actually be beginning to settle down! (Hopefully!). LOL, but it's all good practice learning how to tune. :)

Hi barefootgypsy, Thank you for the welcome! I'm not far from 10 posts now, I would love to have a look at the nUUbs group for newbies, thank you! I'll try not to have so much fun that I forget to play my Ukulele! I am doing quite well though, I am managing to retune it every day, and practice my strumming on the C chord. I think I might try to learn another chord, and then hopefully I can play a song! I want some nice easy songs to start with! :music:
Aha - G7 next! You can play a few songs with just those two chords! - like - Dance the Night Away! And some old traditional tunes like Polly Wolly Doodle and Cockles and Mussels..... third chord - F. Then you'll really be away! Loads of 3 chords songs.......have fun!

This could turn out to be a better love story than Twilight :)

:D LOL, Barefootgypsy did warn me about your wit!

I do love Twilight though, I have a huge crush on Jackson Rathbone (who played Jasper Hale). Seeing him with a Ukulele inspired me to have a go and learn! Does anyone here know of his band, 100 Monkeys? I would love to be able to play some of their music on the Ukulele, can anyone change it into Uke Chords? I don't think their sheet music has ever been published.

Aha - G7 next! You can play a few songs with just those two chords! - like - Dance the Night Away! And some old traditional tunes like Polly Wolly Doodle and Cockles and Mussels..... third chord - F. Then you'll really be away! Loads of 3 chords songs.......have fun!

THANK YOU! G7 it is then! Is it Dance the Night Away by The Mavericks? I do love that one. Think I might have some trouble getting the timing right, but I'd love to have a go! Thank you so much for your help, barefootgypsy!

:worship:

Top Bottom