Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastic Uke on Kickstarter

Default Plastic Uke on Kickstarter

Saw this on kickstarter. Thought I would post it up here and see what people think of it. Sounds alright to me. The guy is pretty low on his pledge right now, hopefully he gets it.

http://kck.st/NRpmt4
    KoAloha Supported Artist.
    Colmesuke.com

I'm in, but mostly because it will be made here in the midwest.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Not a new idea but nice design, I reckon.
    Steve Barkman custom tenor; Kala KA-Tenor; Makala Pineapple Soprano, Bushman Jenny Baritone, Marunuci Baritone (project) Cook islands ukulele.
    The worst thing about New Zealand is it's miles from anywhere, hardly anyone lives here and no one knows where it is; the best thing about NZ is it's miles from anywhere, hardly anyone lives here and no one knows where it is.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Uk...2542018?v=wall

I signed up - looks like a nice design. Pledge is awfully low though so far.

I like the look, really Stealthy looking!

It sounds really nice too! Not plinky like a lot of plastic ukes.

My issue is the flat neck design. How comfortable will that be to play is what I wonder. I might pull the trigger and hope it works out. If anything it will be a novelty. I love the base tuners by the way. very cool design.
    Ukulele Themed Vinyl Stickers!!
    Ukeeku Etsy Store

Quote Originally Posted by ukeeku View Post
    My issue is the flat neck design...
    I saw that too and thought it was odd. Figure it would be big time uncomfortable to play, I don't get it.

But never having the opportunity to play anything like it... maybe they're on to something. But I still don't get it.
    Kala KA-ACP-CTG. Had the tenor version. Decided tenor's not for me. Got the concert.
    Mainland Classic Concert Solid mahogany, no bling, beautiful.
    Bonanza Concert Oreo Slimline black walnut and cherry CNC marvel.
    Ohana SK-39 Great little Martin wannabe.
    Mahalo Smiley Face. Cute little bugger and Jake signed it!
    Kala KA-15S. Good starter.

Quote Originally Posted by ukeeku View Post
    My issue is the flat neck design. How comfortable will that be to play is what I wonder.
    I visited the website and asked Scott about the neck. He said the testers he showed it to had liked it.
    I really like the tone I heard from the website and think it's a neat idea but I'll have to feel the square neck before I'll buy in. (Of course, I just bought a chocolate Dolphin so I'm in on the bottom rung along with my Harmony/Kay 1954 Airline and Lanikai LU-21c) so, there's that...
    Doug

I just backed it too. I make backer #20. He just started it yesterday, so there's almost a full month to go still. We'll see!
    ~ Nate (The Invisible Man)

My YouTube Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by GKK View Post
    I like the look, really Stealthy looking!

It sounds really nice too! Not plinky like a lot of plastic ukes.
    Yes, it does sound surprisingly good in the video. It makes me wonder why the Flea/Fluke never did an all plastic uke (or did they ever do that?). Seems that would be an easier path for a new all plastic uke, than to design one from scratch. I'll probably back the project. It sounds like an interesting project. Although, I'm not sure it will it get enough funding.

Thread Information