Someone stop me

kevlarian

Reaction score
I haven't even been playing a uke for 1 month, and I have already collected four (count them... 4) Ukes.

1. White Dolphin
2. Kohala KO-S
3. Lanakai LU-21S
4. Sojing Silent Electric Ukulele

Crazy. You guys have to stop me...

And yes. I do play them... every day. Bring one to work with me, play the "silent electric uke" in the living room at night when the family is asleep. Daughter plays the Dolphin while I play the Lanakai with kids songs.

I am unable to control this... I keep looking on craigslist every day for some "deal". I have already gone to antique shops looking for some oddball uke...

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

ha ha...nothing mad about it mate, it's quite the normal trajectory you're on. Wait till you've been at it 6 years...

However, from a doctor's point of view, hmmm...I'd estimate you're potentially a 30+ UASer...quite a serious sufferer of the bug but not beyond healing. If you talk to mm stan we could yet turn you into a 50+ UASer.

Otherwise, take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning

your (friendly) doctor,
eugene

How about 30 in 18 months, had more but gave to friends and family, so I'm down to 30 and play them all..............

There's only one cure... get a second and/or third job. It may cut into your playing time, but you'll be able to keep up the buying pace with little problem. About the playing time... sleep is overrated!

ha ha...nothing mad about it mate, it's quite the normal trajectory you're on. Wait till you've been at it 6 years...

However, from a doctor's point of view, hmmm...I'd estimate you're potentially a 30+ UASer...quite a serious sufferer of the bug but not beyond healing. If you talk to mm stan we could yet turn you into a 50+ UASer.

Otherwise, take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning

your (friendly) doctor,
eugene
You are still in the early stages...ha ha watch when you get into the custom and high end stages like Dr Eugene....searching all the luthiers, marketplaces, and high end uke shops online daily...:):eek::p
As Dr Eugene says it's the chase and the good deals in finding the holy grail of ukes...

Last edited:
I stopped at six, so far anyways , however there is this nice tenor I have been looki ....stop it !, see what you have done lol.

You are still in the early stages...ha ha watch when you get into the custom and high end stages like Dr Eugene....searching all the luthiers, marketplaces, and high end uke shops online daily...:):eek::p
As Dr Eugene says it's the chase and the good deals in finding the holy grail of ukes...
he he...yeah while you're still on the Lanikai and Kohala trail there's not too much to be worried about...but when it gets to Mya Moe and Collings every other week then an intervention order is needed. Just call me up and I'd be willing to help you out by relieving you of some of your ukes and shame, no problem, no need to even thank me, I'm there for you brother

But take Stan for instance, an examplar of UAS in its most virulent form. He actually had to build a granny flat in the backyard that he could move into, just so he could store his ukes in his house. Obviously Stan never called up Dr eugene for help he he, but you still have the opportunity brother. Take it while you still are able...

:biglaugh:

Stan,
We request to see the picture of your bed!

he ha foxfair...it's

BIG

...Think Jack and the Beanstalk meets the Leaning Tower of Pisa and you're in the ballpark mate

I had three by two months, I now have eight and am saving for number 9 as well as hoping the builder I want my custom from will open up his waiting list again :D As long as you play them, what's the problem? Money is just money, pay your bills and such, doesn't matter what you do with the rest, it's not like you can take it with you!

UAS is a powerful bug, but a fun one!

I'm two and a half months in and have two. One I bought, and one I inherited shortly after. I'm kinda-sorta on the lookout for something with a concert scale, or a baritone to round out the one-of-each-size collection as seen in my signature, but current financial issues rule this out until around Christmas time most likely.

At this point it sounds like they all are played and loved, so what's wrong with that?

Have you tried the concert size yet ? (he he he) :rolleyes:

Aha Grasshopper,
One must attain as must ukes as possible...LOL the average is about 1 uke per month...Ha Ha go figure...that's me... eventually you'll sell some or give some away and upgrade...

Aloha Dr Eugene,
Ha Ha yeah I'm pretty bad ....but at least I don't have a separate studio to go to...LOL when I run out of room...I just pile them on my bed...ha ha

You may be bad (or good depending on one's point of view:),) but you did resist that Kanilea recently! I think?

Top Bottom