different ukulele tuning

I do not deserve the sarcastic tone.
Yep, you are perfectly correct on that one. Actually I didn't want to sound sarcastic at all nor did I want to brush you off. Sorry for that.
I know I was exaggerating quite a bit on florist wire and sewing thread, but I've already seen people thinking about using steel strings on their uke (for whatever reason)....

Louis0815....no need to apologize. I was simply very frustrated at that point that I was about to let go of my ukulele and stick to playing the classical guitar, which is my first love anyway. As far as the fishing lines are concerned, yes and I have tried a certain guage of fishing lines on the treble side of the guitar. They came up with a very decent sound ( a little too dark for my taste ) but they work too.

I appreciate the apology but there is no need for it. I should have seen the lighter, funny side of your post...:D

:cheers:

George Hinchliffe of the famous Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain only recently stated in an interview he was using fishing line on all of his ukes....

Keep your uke tuned to re-entrant gCEA and go on - once you leave the beginner's state you'll soon add some more ukes with different tunings and strings anyway (just look at my signature - I got uked around last Christmas....)

Louis0815....one ukulele (pono mahogany slot-head) is good enough for me. It is the baby in my collection of 8 classical guitars. Well....maybe for now until I get my post grad school......LOL

Different tunings help maximize the instruments potential. The larger the body the lower the tuning. I was told by a knowledgable gentleman (?) the best tuning for a rentrant tenor with med strings is f,Bb,d, g.

For me I like different tunings to fit a particular chord shape I want to use. If in a Bb tuning, a G chord would be an A shaped chord used in C tuning. A C chord would have the shape of a Bb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom