28th Season - Are you Brittni's and Kris's favorite? Who's the next UU Idol?

Okay, I'm a little slow here. Was that a yes to multitracking?

YES!! The Season has officially started!! I would love to hear a song from you as your 80s stuff is awesome and Grease is my favorite movie!! You got talent!!

YES!! The Season has officially started!! I would love to hear a song from you as your 80s stuff is awesome and Grease is my favorite movie!! You got talent!!

Thanks dude! So little time this week...but I'm gonna try really hard to get something up.

Yeah really - FWIW, I posted a video of me playing Bach's Minuet in G a while back. Within minutes - MINUTES - I got a takedown notice because some band nobody's ever heard of claimed copyright infringement over the word "minuet." They don't mess around.

There's no way they can claim that under any country's copyright law. A minuet is an eighteenth century dance. Did you challenge them?

I've never had a takedown notice though I've had a few matched content notices, several of them on traditional songs. I always challenge the ones on traditional songs and so far they have removed the notices. The others just mean that you will see ads if you play those videos.

Make sure you challenge them over the Bach Minuet, point to backup evidence in your challenge.

I'm with Ukeval.

The list of songs is a total mystery to me as our pop charts are different. In addition, I stopped taking an interest in current pop in the early 1990s as I found it less and less appealing.

I listened to a few tracks and nothing inspired me so I am out for this week.

I shall watch the entries with interest, though, when I get the time.

There's no way they can claim that under any country's copyright law. A minuet is an eighteenth century dance. Did you challenge them?

Yeah I did, complete with sarcastic reply, and the notice went away within a couple of days and all was well. But still - it was a hassle, and I had to respond because the threat was that if I didn't, my YT channel would be shut down in 48 hours or something like that, so I couldn't just ignore it.

I'm with Ukeval.

The list of songs is a total mystery to me as our pop charts are different. In addition, I stopped taking an interest in current pop in the early 1990s as I found it less and less appealing.

I listened to a few tracks and nothing inspired me so I am out for this week.

I shall watch the entries with interest, though, when I get the time.

Hi Geoff

Stay engaged as I really enjoy your words of encouragement and I'm sure everyone feels the same way.

Yeah I did, complete with sarcastic reply, and the notice went away within a couple of days and all was well. But still - it was a hassle, and I had to respond because the threat was that if I didn't, my YT channel would be shut down in 48 hours or something like that, so I couldn't just ignore it.

I'm glad it worked out OK in the end, but I agree it is a hassle. This kind of over zealous chasing up of alleged copyright infringement is totally unnecessary. (or is it just trying it on, hoping to intimidate - in other words, bullying? I wonder). I notice you had the same response as I have had - nothing, just the notice going away. You'd think that someone would have the courtesy to apologise.

Heh, heh. Read through the first ten or twenty in that list before I was sure the artist was listed first and the song second. I guess I'm a bit out of date... :biglaugh:

Did you notice the links to the top hits in other countries on the right side of that web page? Some of those are pretty intriguing. For instance, #2 in Finland is "Lämpöö" by Bradi and Redrama. Do you know that one, Rob?

Lykke Li is #2 in Switzerland with "I Follow Rivers". "I Follow Rivers" is #1 in Austria, but there it's played by Triggerfinger. Bulgaria's list is behind the times, "Rolling in the Deep" is still at #7 there.

Edit: Whatdyaknow, "Lämpöö" is Finnish rap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOE-uSesHn4

Last edited:
Did you notice the links to the top hits in other countries on the right side of that web page? Some of those are pretty intriguing. For instance, #2 in Finland is "Lämpöö" by Bradi and Redrama. Do you know that one, Rob?

Lykke Li is #2 in Switzerland with "I Follow Rivers". "I Follow Rivers" is #1 in Austria, but there it's played by Triggerfinger. Bulgaria's list is behind the times, "Rolling in the Deep" is still at #7 there.

Edit: Whatdyaknow, "Lämpöö" is Finnish rap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOE-uSesHn4

I had a look at the UK list and was intrigued to find Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, Oasis, The Kinks and one or two other oldies in the list - Olympic opening/closing ceremony effect. When I checked again just now, the list has been updated and quite a few of those have dropped out but are listed as such at the bottom.

My daughter has started a series of posts on her Facebook page called "Weird Internet crap my father shows me." The "Gangnam Style" video just went on it.

Can the songs be repeated? I imagine most of us will want to do the top 10, but some don't have the time to record them right away.

I still haven't decided if I will take part, I'm really not quite motivated by the songs in the chart... And my playing skills are more likely to do justice to those songs than to any of Brittni's... :S

Number two with a bullet...

Ralf

Thanks for submitting the first entry and I didn't realize how much talent you have. Personally, it's hard for me to whistle a tune without being sharp and flat all over the place. That was awesome and I liked that you said 28th Season at the end instead of the beginning. I can't wait for your next entry as you really engage with the viewers with your camera presence!

Can the songs be repeated? I imagine most of us will want to do the top 10, but some don't have the time to record them right away.

I still haven't decided if I will take part, I'm really not quite motivated by the songs in the chart... And my playing skills are more likely to do justice to those songs than to any of Brittni's... :S

You can do the same song as I don't have a problem with it as my goal is to reach as many non-ukulele players with these songs. Prizes are a by product and I am looking forward to your entry. I figure if we've tried French and Spanish, Rap will be the new challenge for all of us!!

Top Bottom