Online Shops that Do Set-ups - International Edition

What about ... Uke Surfer in Germany and Cyberstore Thomann? Does anyone know if they do set-ups?
At least both have the capabilities and knowledge, so I am pretty sure they will do some setup on request.
Uke Surfer does at least some basics before shipping any uke, but as I only bought my KA-C there I don't know how much they do on the more expensive ukes by default. Setup is always a matter of personal preferences, so I'd really suggest getting in touch with Rigk Sauer about the possibilities.

Thomann is a very large reseller, they don't do anything by default. But they have a large luthier workshop, so again it might be worth a quick phonecall.

Or you drop in for a "hands on" experience; Uke Surfer has a large showroom (be sure to make an appointment as they don't run a regular shop) and Thomann has a large store with all kinds of musical equipment.

Another small one is ukuMele (no shop, no showroom, just online merchant); he thoroughly checks every single uke before shipping and does some general setup where necessary.

Both of my sopranos are from Thomann, the KA-C is from Uke Surfer - no complaints OOB, but I will lower the action on the Makala sooner or later (being spoiled by the Flea)

Thanks for the info Louis! :)

Eagle Music Shop does set-ups on all their ukes, says their website. They sell Mainlands too, probably the only online shop in the UK (Europe?) to sell them.

great service with these guys as well, very helpful, they also look after you after the sale as well

ChaosToo says Clifford Essex in the UK does set-up and has excellent customer service. Mint!

Just to say that we will setup a uke when it arrives!

http://vimeo.com/23401440

Doesn't that one in southern UK, England, run by the fellow in that uke band who's name I'm blanking on but they're real good and do Cameo and Blondue and Prodigy covers do uke setups?

Oh, yea, the Motherukers.

Yes! Southern Ukulele Store

Another small one is ukuMele (no shop, no showroom, just online merchant); he thoroughly checks every single uke before shipping and does some general setup where necessary.

I second this suggestion. :) Just got my new tenor from ukuMele/Guido and I'm super pleased with both the instrument and the customer support. It came properly set-up, was extremely well packaged (free shipping on top of that) and I ordered it Sunday night and held it in my hands on the following Saturday morning (and it would have been Friday if the mail service had not let it sit in the depot for an extra day). I'll almost certainly buy there again when I'm ready for a same-quality soprano. ukuMele is definitely a good choice for customers in Germany, and possibly Europe.

Just wanted to say that Mercatino is great! They were very helpful when I was choosing a ukulele, did the setup and shipped free over 200 euro. It arrived within a week, nicely packaged.

A bit late, but I was browsing this sub forum for once and maybe it's worth chiming in:

Mercatino = Aquila. Look at the street address on both sites. It's the same. Also when I use PayPal at Mercatino, it shows up as Aquila. So yeah, they're 1000% reliable. :)

Top Bottom