29th Season of the Ukulele

This is my entry, it includes my wonderful wife.
It's called Seven is the number of the Man by Dave carter & Tracy Grammar from there album SNAKE HANDLIN' MAN

That was very, very nice! I think you would be well served to bring your wife to future recording sessions, as she added a lot with her singing.

Found a few minutes to get this done today. WARNING: I say a very bad word in this song so keep your kids away!!!!!!!!
Great theme 29Moons! This is a song about people who work with numbers every day by the great Todd Snider.

A very funny song, and snappily rendered, sir!

Brings to mind the oft-repeated quote, attributed to Mark Twain: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

I'm not sure if we can post number songs as bonus songs, or just moon songs. This is a version of Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" I did last year as an in-joke for my co-workers. The lyrics are about that a Town water supply can get a "monitoring waiver" to not have to test for some chemicals as often, if those chemicals have never been detected in the water and there's no businesses using that chemical near the supply.

How imaginative! You are quite the songwriter. Is this the business you work in?
I know you like '80s rock a lot, but you do very well with this song, which I think is closer to pop.

How imaginative! You are quite the songwriter. Is this the business you work in?
I know you like '80s rock a lot, but you do very well with this song, which I think is closer to pop.

Yes, I work in the water supply field. I was a teenager in the '70s when "50 Ways" was a hit. It has some fun chord changes to play. I had to look a couple of the chords up.

Code:
G6       D     Cmaj7    B7-9  B7   

Em     D#dim7    F#dim7     Baug

Em        D        C       B7       

Em       Am7      Em

CHORUS :

G            Bb           C            G

Seven is a number of a man by Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer
from the album 'Snake handlin' man'

Last edited:

many thanks for hosting 29 moons

UkuleleDaveey, you are the best! :bowdown::bowdown: I think that song has more numbers than any other song I've heard. I can't even count that high! I thought the hanging politician at the end was a nice touch.

Last edited:
God I wanted to do this one, and Day After Day as a medley, quickly scrapped when I realized what the lyrics might do for my legend status at work. Was so hoping someone would do it, and you did the heck out of it.
As for 99 Balloons...another idea quickly scrapped at a $1.99 a piece ;)
The first number song that came to mind...

next in the series of my many moon bonus songs....from the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band...tubas in the moonlight....hope you enjoy!
http://youtu.be/DFpEnR7gL6s

Best bit so far!

Such a song, such a rendition, mouth tuba, it's a seasons first! Genius.
Most of all thanks for inspiring me to watch the BDDD Band do this tune. So great: http://youtu.be/qm0a7btAtsI
I thank you from the bottom of my shallow Spike Jones and Monty Python damaged heart.

next in the series of my many moon bonus songs....from the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band...tubas in the moonlight....hope you enjoy!

http://youtu.be/DFpEnR7gL6s

That second mouth tuba solo would have Leon Rebone rolling on the floor kicking up his heels in a fit of jealousy.
Somebody has to propose a Bonzo season since the Dog's did so many crazy numbers "Urban spaceman"
"Let kill all the beautiful people" etc. It would also be an excuse for dressing up.

here is a little bonus entry of sorts,it is not a new recording and some have seen it before and its not about moons, but it is appropriate for Neil Armstrong.
Sorry I havent left any comments on entries, busy week uke wise this week, gigs at old folks homes,practice for a wedding we are playing it (sounds a bit yoda that last bit !!!) and we are playing at a local music festival today in the middle of some beautiful forest that used to belong to Henry VIII.
Will try my hardest to go through the entries tonight/tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback on my entry,always gratefully and humbly your uke'in Pal Daveey :)

Jon, that was AWESOME. My favorite thing ever.
Also made me realize I forgot to drop this over here
Hey Ho- Let's Go
She's the One...

Top Bottom