Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 30th season of the ukulele: Theme - gardens

Default 30th season of the ukulele: Theme - gardens

Season 30 - Gotta get back to the garden

This Weeks Theme
    Gardens
    There are two communities that I belong to on youtube… ukulele players and gardeners.
    Both I have found, have a generosity of spirit that is constructive, and a love of sharing,
    be it tunes or seeds. So I thought to combine both in the 30th season of the ukulele.

RULES
    -Must be a new video!!
    -The Ukulele should be played in a garden or a park or just outside.
    -Mention that it’s Week 30.
    -Dressing up and playing the kazoo is strictly forbidden, unless of course you are
    in a sillydave mood and you really really want to.
    -Post your videos in this thread
    -Make a video response to the intro video*

*To make it easier for me to do a playlist, could you do me a favour and click
    the
    watch on youtube link at the bottom right hand of the intro video, which
    will take you to the youtube page. Then hit the reply box but instead of
    making a reply, click the Create video response link, which is just next to the POST button.
    Select the video you want to use then click Use the selected video
    and your video will
    be sent to me for approval. Then I will be able to see all the videos at a glance rather than trawling
    through the forum and perhaps missing some… it will also introduce some gardeners to uke goodness.

Go here to make a video response

JUDGING CRITERIA
    The judging will be a random draw that could involve chickens, knives,
    a hat, or some other method that I have not yet invented.

PRIZES
    To the winners I will send packets of flower and vegetable seeds. Some of the seeds are herbs,
    so you could grow them in a window box, and if you don’t have a garden then I suggest you
    become a guerilla gardener and scatter the flower seeds on some waste ground near you.

DEADLINES
    Starts: SUNDAY SEPT 9th Ends: SUNDAY SEPT 16th

REMEMBER
    Never let good taste stand in the way of style.

PLAYLIST
    30th season of the ukulele playlist
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 09-14-2012 at 12:36 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Oh, good one, Rob!

I shall look for a song about an exploding deer population that has the beasts wandering the streets of a town, eating everything with impunity and killing one's joy in gardening.
    We live in a development, and here are 14 of them that were lying down sleeping in my backyard, only 10 feet from the deck. (They stood up after the third photo flash.)

P1000682.jpg
    ~Ginny

Leave every place better than you found it.

I am seriously liking the looks of those carrots Wee. My favorite intro video EVER.
    What a fun week this ought to be, thanks for hosting a great theme!

That was a hoot. You should have your own tv show doing that character.

So, I've been wanting to do this for awhile...finally participate...make a video...unveil myself to the world...but I don't have a garden, and I have to do this outside, in public, surrounded by strangers and bees? Too scary. Can I do it wearing a flowery dress, or say, in a tomato suit? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by caroljean View Post
    So, I've been wanting to do this for awhile...finally participate...make a video...unveil myself to the world...but I don't have a garden, and I have to do this outside, in public, surrounded by strangers and bees? Too scary. Can I do it wearing a flowery dress, or say, in a tomato suit? Hmm...
    Caroljean, do jump in! I'm going to try to record a song sitting on my back deck with potted plants around me at at time of day when most everyone is at work. Do you have a porch, or can you go to an isolated part of a park?
    ~Ginny

Leave every place better than you found it.

'The Ukulele should be played in a garden or a park or just outside.'
    You can always find a place where no one can see you, Hide behind a tree, drive to the middle of nowhere or farmland find a local park with long grass, done that before.
    Bugs make it more fun
    But we would love for you to participate, because the more you participate the better player you are. my opinion anyways
    Don't let playing outside stop you from joining in.

A theme after my own heart! Oh this will be a fun week
    Unfortunately there's termination dust on the mountains (which means time is running out for us gardeners here in Alaska). We had our first frost last night. So only the hardiest of plants will be in my video. I better learn a song quick and record tomorrow- we expect a final killing frost by the end of the week and that will be the end of the garden till next summer.

Wearing a tomato suit I think would take more nerve... but go for it.
    I think it would set the whole tone for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by v30 View Post
    That was a hoot. You should have your own tv show doing that character.
    Dat wis a wee bit o' Rab C. Nesbit... the false hesitations, the repetition of phrases. the woolen socks, and the semi nude upper torso.

Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    I am seriously liking the looks of those carrots Wee. My favorite intro video EVER.
    What a fun week this ought to be, thanks for hosting a great theme!
    Well I hope it turns out to be a bit of a laugh... gives people a chance to go over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by GT3T11 View Post
    Oh, good one, Rob!

I shall look for a song about an exploding deer population that has the beasts wandering the streets of a town, eating everything with impunity and killing one's joy in gardening.
    We live in a development, and here are 14 of them that were lying down sleeping in my backyard, only 10 feet from the deck. (They stood up after the third photo flash.)

P1000682.jpg
    The eyes on those deer look a bit scary... are you sure your veggies are not being attacked by zombi deer
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

This is a lovely theme. Coincidentally I woke up this morning thinking about George Harrison's dedication in his autobiography: "to gardeners everywhere" - this was on my mind precisely because I *don't* have space to garden on my rented property!

Thread Information