Spam after registering with Ukulele-tabs.com?

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just registered with this site. Almost instantly I started getting twice the "spam" I had been getting. Anyone else have this experience, or is it a likely coincidence? Seems to have some nice features, especially for noobs.

Could be coincidence. I have my own web site with unlimited email accounts so I used to create a unique email address for every site registration (they were all forwarding accounts that forwarded to my "real" account). The idea was that if anybody sold my contact info I'd know who did it. I quit bothering with that after a couple of years because I never saw any spike in e-mail from any of several dozen registrations at various online businesses and social sites like this one on a variety of topics.

Do check your profile at that site though and make sure you haven't inadvertently marked an option to display email or something like that. Some boards still offer the option to place links to your email and/or IM under your avatar, for example. Some of them are smart enough to do all that in the background CGI where it can't be botted - but some put a stupid "mailto:" link right in the page.

John

John

I would say coincidence. I've been registered there for a couple month's and haven't noticed an increase in spam.

Or maybe I haven't noticed due to gmail's spam filter.

Top Bottom