Tangi Ukulele Shop closing

Dino

Reaction score
Hey gang. If you are looking for a good deal on a handcrafted uke, give Tangi a buzz. Their lease is not going to be renewed and he currently has no plans on a different location. Deals are to be had!

www.tangiukuleles.com

Dino

Are you serious? I saw one of his ads on craigslist saying that he was closing, but I thought it was just a marketing ploy since he says that he is under "financial pressures" every month to sell ukes. Hmm...I may have to check it out when I have some time off.

Do you know when he is officially closing?

And BTW Dino, I hope YOU weren't the one that picked up that Baby Kamaka for $100 a few days ago on craigslist. The ad had only been up for an hour or so, and when I called, someone was already on the way to get it. Oh well, its good b/c I shouldn't be buying more ukes...

Tangi Uke's - No Deal!

I have a Tangi Toa double puka ukulele, and a friend has a Tangi also, and they sound good, but - get cracks all ova! Mine has cracks on the front, sides and back, and they said it needs to be humidified - hello, I stay Hawaii! They told my friend the same ting. He took his in and made them fix it, and they was humbug, but me, I live outer island, so I need to ship, and pay ship back and forth and insurance, betta I buy one new one. Now I play a Raymond Rapozo and the ting sounds mean! No Deal on the sale, no matter how good the price, if he stay broke in less then 1 year. FYI.

I have a Tangi Toa double puka ukulele, and a friend has a Tangi also, and they sound good, but - get cracks all ova! Mine has cracks on the front, sides and back, and they said it needs to be humidified - hello, I stay Hawaii! They told my friend the same ting. He took his in and made them fix it, and they was humbug, but me, I live outer island, so I need to ship, and pay ship back and forth and insurance, betta I buy one new one. Now I play a Raymond Rapozo and the ting sounds mean! No Deal on the sale, no matter how good the price, if he stay broke in less then 1 year. FYI.

a little too strong there guy.

his ukes are good, but you never know. i have 2 ukes from him and i got a cosmetically challenged one and its fine so far.

if i had money Dino, i would order one, but i still try and get someone to buy my concert. :p

I own two of tangi's ukes, both sopranos, one is mahogany and the other is koa. The mahogony one was my first uke ever, and I think that it has been pretty good. I have abused it a lot, but it's still a nice uke, no cracks or problems. The koa one however has been a bit troublesome, and I think the inside bracing was not designed well or something, so the top sags between the soundhole and the bridge. The sound on the koa soprano is also rather dead. But I'd say that the mahogany soprano is almost as good as my Kamaka.

Would I buy his ukuleles again? I'm not exactly looking for a new tangi (REALLY want a good deal on a Fluke to come up on craigslist) so I probably wouldn't buy one right now, unless it was one really, really good deal. However, if the price were right, I probably would buy.

a little too strong there guy.

his ukes are good, but you never know. i have 2 ukes from him and i got a cosmetically challenged one and its fine so far.

if i had money Dino, i would order one, but i still try and get someone to buy my concert. :p

Fred....you should see the curly mango he has. The grain is just beautiful and especially with the finishing on it, it makes the grain just stand out. I'd buy one but I would probably be headed for a divorce after that!

Fred....you should see the curly mango he has. The grain is just beautiful and especially with the finishing on it, it makes the grain just stand out. I'd buy one but I would probably be headed for a divorce after that!

yeah, apparently we arent allowed to marry material objects. its against the law:(

Are you tryng to sell your puka concert?

On another note I was wanting a tangi a while back and sent an email but never heard back. I guess you have to call.

yes, but not saying buy my uke instead from Tangi, i was just saying i needed to sell my Tangi concert i got from Tangi. PM me if you are interested.

haha maybe i should get it then, Ako would love it.

yeah, apparently we arent allowed to marry material objects. its against the law:(

or is it.......? o_0

Hey Dino, will Dave still be building ukes?

Top Bottom