Thread: Harp string sources -- calling all Celtic harpers????? - OT

Default Harp string sources -- calling all Celtic harpers????? - OT

Long story short, I am having my wife's 100 year old Irish harp repaired as a surprise and the luthier asked me to get a new set of strings. I've googled some vendors but if anyone has dealt with harp string purchases and has recommendations I've love to hear them either here or via PM. cheers, g2

Lark in the Morning sells Celtic harps. They show a 22 string set for $34.00.
    WWW.larkinam.com 707-964707-964-5569-5569
    Their phone number is on their home page.

Bill
    Bill

Sylvia Woods Harp Center www.harpcenter.com or 1-800-272-4277

Harp strings are as varied as ukulele strings. Everyone who works for Sylvia is a harper, not just a salesperson. It's nice to be able to get a second opinion about such things. My wife's 33 string floor harp is only 25 years old, but its price has more than doubled. May I suggest you buy two sets. Strings do break, and it is nice to be able to make the change and continue on with the same string as the rest of the set. then order a single so the back-up set is complete.

Harp / ukulele duets are intriguing. The tone of the harp and the ukulele can either compliment or compete with each other. If you do not have one which compliments her harp.......... :~) need I say more ?????? (~:

Thanks everyone, !

Oh, and do buy a supply of Sylvia Woods's books!
    Ukes: Lanikai O-8E, aNueNue Khaya Mahogany III, Eleuke Tenor Pineapple, Luna Great Wave Soprano
    Other strings: Cecilio Electric Violin, Traveler EG-1, Gretsch 5120, Wizard Classical Guitar, Rover Traveler, 35-String Harp, Dean Backwoods 3 Banjo, Stetson mandolin, Fender Mark Hoppus Signature Bass
    Keyboards: Knabe 1881-1885 Upright Grand, Hammond Home Organ, Komplete 8, No Name Hammered Dulcimer, Oscar Schmidt Autoharp

Thread Information