Lymana Mania

Stevelele

Reaction score
I just couldn't resist.... I have a Lymana on order, but I had a chance to buy a used Lymana tenor made of the very same wood that was used to make Bill Tapia's ukulele. I just received it--have not had the chance to really bust it out. But what I can tell you is this from playing it softly. Lymana makes some of the very best ukuleles on the planet. This ukulele is out of this world! This is the kind of stuff that you imagine angels playing. I guess Lyman learned from David Hurd who made Kawikas--given the legendary status of Hurd, I believe that a fair amount rubbed off on Lyman. I have been selling some really awesome ukes lately, but I think that this one will stay with me till the bitter end. More later.

You doity tease Steve. I was gonna say 'pics or it didn't happen' but then I realised it was you who started the thread ...he he. I'm in awe of your buying power brother, can't wait to see some pics or a clip. In the meantime I'm raising a glass to the time between now and that bitter end. Congratulations and blessings to you mate! :)

I don't know about 'buying power'--perhaps you could replace that phrase with 'fiscal irresponsibility'! I'll probably end up selling some nice stuff soon to offset these purchases. I'll try to do a review in the near future...

You doity tease Steve. I was gonna say 'pics or it didn't happen' but then I realised it was you who started the thread ...he he. I'm in awe of your buying power brother, can't wait to see some pics or a clip. In the meantime I'm raising a glass to the time between now and that bitter end. Congratulations and blessings to you mate! :)

Yes, I always thought of Lymana as a top tier, ultimate uke. Really humble guy too. Superb build and finish quality. Congrats. (stan, just looked at your thread link. geez. your my new hero:worship:)

"Really humble guy,too." What a true statement . Before I answered his inquiry about PEGHEDS, I went to his website to see what he produced. It was a Ukulele Burning Bush Experience to talk to him after having seen pictures of what he does.
There was no Hollywood about him. What an experience it must be to discuss with him what one wants for their ukulele to be...and then to have it. It encourages me that there are those who are able to afford and appreciate the skills of our builders.

Top Bottom