Song Help Request can anyone do a tutorial on these tabs

What do you mean by "tutorial"? Do you just need to be able to see someone actually play it? The tab looks pretty clear to me, with notation values, strum direction, grace notes and even a slide indicated. Pretty much everything you need to know is there, unlike with some ASCII (plain text) tabs.

Looked at your posting history... you asked for help with this here when you said you couldn't read tabs yet, but that's been over a year. Do you still not know how to read tabs? :confused:

you are correct!! i still dont know how to read tabs. i recently just got back to playing again. tabs confuse the hell out me especiailly when it comes to fingerpicking.

you are correct!! i still dont know how to read tabs. i recently just got back to playing again. tabs confuse the hell out me especiailly when it comes to fingerpicking.
Then I could really encourage you to learn to read tabs. Uke Hunt has a good walkthru, and buy his "Dummies" book, it's really very good. :)

I learn best by being able to read what to do, tabs are very specific in that regard by telling you exactly what string and fret to hit when it comes to fingerpicking. Some people learn better by watching/hearing what others do.

Sipsip, it's odd how when you go on youtube there will be numerous lessons/tutorials on a certain song and then another one will have multiple covers but no one does a tutorial. I remember looking up "Here Comes the Sun" a while ago and seeing only covers. I like the tutorials where the player offers something interesting or something they like to do on the song beyond just playing the notes. I'd like to see a good tutorial on this one also. I can follow the tabs, but It's still doesn't quite sound right to me in a few places, at least when I'm playing.

I'm working on putting together a tutorial for this song right now. I need to finish up the tab and shed it a bit more first though. It will be my first tutorial.... Stay tuned!

Maybe tutorial on reading tab would be a good idea too?

Last edited:
I play it on a baritone tuned to A D F# B. Then it's also in the right key. Actually once you get your head round the "sun, sun, sun bit" it's fairly straight-forward.

Might do a vid meself. Then you can use both.

Loads of folks viewing but not many leaving comments. It helps me know if they're worth doing.

YES! It is worth doing. I'm just starting it this weekend, and you are helping quite a bit. Your video will help me put the entire song together. I'll let you know when I'm satisfied with how I'm playing the song and let you know which sections of your instruction helped the most. Thanks, again!

YES! It is worth doing. I'm just starting it this weekend, and you are helping quite a bit. Your video will help me put the entire song together. I'll let you know when I'm satisfied with how I'm playing the song and let you know which sections of your instruction helped the most. Thanks, again!

Sorry, wasn't directed at you.

again, thank you spookefoote.. I'm still playing Here Comes The Sun to get it down smoothly and got a compliment from my wife. I think a lot of people learn by imitating (watching others)..I can read tabs, but they don't give me a sense of rhythm and timing... the video tutorials that you and others post are of tremendous help.. many thanks..

It's very helpful indeed.

Incredibly helpful, especially that little tip about barring the G chord. Trust me, your efforts are much appreciated!

Thanks everyone. I was a bit down-hearted that, at the stage of moaning, 300 plus folks had had a peek but only a few had commented. Just being over sensitive really. I'm not bothered if the comments are negative as long as I know what direction Undergrounders want me to go in. Eg close ups of left/right hand. Slow playing, naming notes, don't play it like this because................. . All that kind of stuff.

Happy ukeing everyone.

Top Bottom