"Route 66" Tutorial

Dougf

Reaction score
A couple people suggested I do a tutorial for the version of "Route 66" I did for the 29th season. Hope you find it useful.

Doug your a very talented man. I'm so so pleased you did this tutorial, I really liked your version sitting in the road. Is that the uke you built?

Doug your a very talented man. I'm so so pleased you did this tutorial, I really liked your version sitting in the road. Is that the uke you built?

Thanks, glad you liked it. Yeah, that's my homemade manzanita/cypress ukulele. I probably won't get tired of it until my next one is finished. :D

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do this, Doug.
I really like your version of this great tune.

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do this, Doug.
I really like your version of this great tune.

Thanks, Dave, glad you liked it. Here's a link to my rendition of the song itself.

A couple people suggested I do a tutorial for the version of "Route 66" I did for the 29th season. Hope you find it useful.

This is really great. It's a favorite song of mine that I would like to learn - especially the way you play it. I'm not quite at the point where I can just play it from watching you. Do you have the chords written out somewhere where I can look at them?

This is really great. It's a favorite song of mine that I would like to learn - especially the way you play it. I'm not quite at the point where I can just play it from watching you. Do you have the chords written out somewhere where I can look at them?

Thanks, glad you like it. These are the chords I use:
C13 (3453) F9(2333) Dm7 (5555) G9(4555) or G13(4557)
optional: Cdim (2323) C6 (2433)

I play most of these as barre chords, with the exception of the Cdim, but that can also be played as a barre chord.

Top Bottom