Songs you wouldn't mind not hearing again...

studentaccount1

Reaction score
You know those songs that were awesome the first 1000 times or so but gradually .... well... yeah.. you know... started to suck.

Or maybe you were never keen on them to begin with and they were constantly drilled into your head at the mall/work/other place where you don't have control of what goes into your ears.

Here is a thread for the songs you can't help hating, or at least, not liking.

Here are a few of mine:

- Your Body is a Wonderland (the "i want to run through the halls in the high school one" too... whatever it is called)
- That one Vanessa Carlton song that is in the commercials.
- Anything from Santana in the last decade.

and number one:

- The intro to Stairway to Heaven. (the actual song itself is still pretty darned sweet but noone ever plays it all the way through. I don't get it... )

under my umbrella
ella
ella
ayy
ayy
ayyyyy

also

apple bottom jean jeans boots with the fur *echo..echo..echo...*

Anything where Timbaland raps.
His track and beats are good, but he's seriously the stupidest lyricist I've ever heard.

Anything by 50 cent or any of these new rappers. Whatever happened to 90's rap, back when it had meaning? People like Sean Kingston and Akon piss me off cuz they kill good songs by trying to remake them.

I think I know what you're talking about. "oh oh oh oh oh oh why'd you have to go... away from ...blahblah" something like that right.

There is a group that remade it though huh? I swear I heard it playing on the loudspeaker at work. (it sounded like a jawaiian band) I kind of wanted to shoot myself. Same feeling I got when I heard the Colt Brennan song... I think I need a new job.

I think I know what you're talking about. "oh oh oh oh oh oh why'd you have to go... away from ...blahblah" something like that right.

There is a group that remade it though huh? I swear I heard it playing on the loudspeaker at work. (it sounded like a jawaiian band) I kind of wanted to shoot myself. Same feeling I got when I heard the Colt Brennan song... I think I need a new job.

Yup thats the one.

Unless your band is called 311... I haven't heard a version that gives this song any justice.

Anything by 50 cent or any of these new rappers. Whatever happened to 90's rap, back when it had meaning? People like Sean Kingston and Akon piss me off cuz they kill good songs by trying to remake them.
this is why hiphop is dead. there is nothing original. there is no message (good or bad) in any of the lyrics. its nothing but a bunch of whistle blowing hand clapping hyphy tards and ooh i think they like me cuz im a solja boi type stuff nowadays. it all died with 2pac.

to give an idea of the extent of my disgust toward the genre, and the lemming-fans that listen to music that makes them strive to be something they will never be (and what the artist wont be after 10 years most likely), i used to listen exclusively to hiphop, rap, and rock/soft rock/alternative. i really only expose myself the hiphop now, when i go to the clubs. but otherwise, i would rather listen to COUNTRY. and i used to say i would never listen to it. there is some INCREDIBLE TALENT in the country industry, that i never realized till i found myself with nothing to listen to and had to give it a chance. im glad i did.

with that that said, sean kingston still takes the cake. just annoying. like those old hanes t-shirt tags that used to make the back of your neck itch during class and make the teacher call on you because she thought you were raising your hand when you went to scratch.

That song by Andre 2000 or whatever his name is where they were dressed up like horse jockeys.

Loved it......now...not so much. In fact, I hope I never hear it again.:eek:

this is why hiphop is dead. there is nothing original. there is no message (good or bad) in any of the lyrics. its nothing but a bunch of whistle blowing hand clapping hyphy tards and ooh i think they like me cuz im a solja boi type stuff nowadays. it all died with 2pac....

MF Doom ftw

nah actually, I think there is good hip hop out there but it is not on the radio or on MTV.

I think all good music in every genre is just bubbling under the surface nowadays.

There are no solid rock bands on the radio anymore either. Nickelback anyone? That dude from American Idol? Maybe it is a secret ploy by the record industry to curb illegal downloading: Let's make music so monotonous and bad that people won't even want to steal it.

That explanation works for me... :D

MF Doom ftw

nah actually, I think there is good hip hop out there but it is not on the radio or on MTV.

I think all good music in every genre is just bubbling under the surface nowadays.

There are no solid rock bands on the radio anymore either. Nickelback anyone? That dude from American Idol? Maybe it is a secret ploy by the record industry to curb illegal downloading: Let's make music so monotonous and bad that people won't even want to steal it.

i like your explanation.

MF Doom ftw

Try Wolfmother. They are legit for sure..:cool:

hip hop's not dead yet, just in hibernation. There are a few good rappers still out there, jus not in the main stream cuz they rather have dance mix crap like souljah boy. Sorry if anyone out there likes this song, but it makes me throw up a little.

If you want good old skool vibed hip hop this filipino dude from SoCal is one mean poet.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=133427709

this is why hiphop is dead. there is nothing original. there is no message (good or bad) in any of the lyrics. its nothing but a bunch of whistle blowing hand clapping hyphy tards and ooh i think they like me cuz im a solja boi type stuff nowadays. it all died with 2pac.
So true. Before people could acutally get insight on things and actually gain knowledge from rap, about the streets, the ghetto, love, and other things as well. Their vocabulary was much better. Today's rap is just dumbing people down.

Top Bottom