33rd Season of the Ukulele

Here's my first entry. What a great season. I love the seasons. Love it love it love it. Of course being from Blighty we play the beautiful game here so you have the pleasure of me in my footy teams colours. I had to look this song up as I wasn't familiar with the title but once I'd looked it up I recognised it as soon as I heard it. I'm sure my nan used to sing it way back when. I already have my all time favourite football anthem in mind as my bonus. Looking forward to all the different takes on one song.
I don't know this song at all...you put it over well! Nice one!

As i have decided not to post a video for this season (I don't think i can do "Take Me to the Ball Game" any justice or give it a creative twist :( ), I will sit back, relax, and have fun listening to those who will post videos and try my best to leave comments :)

Here is my entry. Short and sweet. Well, short anyway.

That was indeed short but very sweet and lovely! I think that's how i would have played/sung it!

Here's my first entry. What a great season. I love the seasons. Love it love it love it. Of course being from Blighty we play the beautiful game here so you have the pleasure of me in my footy teams colours.

I enjoyed listening to that! Your accent gives it a really cheerful feel! For some reason, i feel like enjoying a chilled pear cider and singing along with you! :D

Here's my entry. Never played it before, so it was a fun one to learn!

I think that the kazoo goes really well with the uke and perfect for that song! Fun fun fun!

As i have decided not to post a video for this season (I don't think i can do "Take Me to the Ball Game" any justice or give it a creative twist :( ), I will sit back, relax, and have fun listening to those who will post videos and try my best to leave comments :)

I enjoyed listening to that! Your accent gives it a really cheerful feel! For some reason, i feel like enjoying a chilled pear cider and singing along with you! :D

Thank you very much Fillpinouker - and mine's a pint of Best Bitter please. I'm sure this tune must have been sung in a few English Pubs over the years. Can't wait to do my bonus track.

Here's my first entry. What a great season. I love the seasons. Love it love it love it. Of course being from Blighty we play the beautiful game here so you have the pleasure of me in my footy teams colours. I had to look this song up as I wasn't familiar with the title but once I'd looked it up I recognised it as soon as I heard it. I'm sure my nan used to sing it way back when. I already have my all time favourite football anthem in mind as my bonus. Looking forward to all the different takes on one song.
[/QUOTE

That was great UkeyDave! Are you sure you're not American?

That was indeed short but very sweet and lovely! I think that's how i would have played/sung it!

Thanks filipinouker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMMfMNBVTXU&feature=plcp
Here is my entry. Short and sweet. Well, short anyway.

Nicely done. Made me want to grab some crackerjacks, myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXoqLrrn8tw&feature=youtu.be

Well done. I agree about the cheery feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFcqZViiOQ

love the kazoo, and your rendition.

I love baseball, and baseball songs. Working on learning Take Me Out, but I also started poking around for bonus songs.

The links below are some of my favorite baseball songs, but using google to find chords was pretty much a bust. So, dropping them here a) for others enjoyment and b) in case anyone wants to see if they can figure one of them out for their bonus.

Talkin' Baseball (Willie, Mickey and the Duke) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKA9Zi5-_Y

Say Hey! Willie Mays - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH6fUdncWkY

Did You See Jackie Robinson Hit That Ball - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-7Ac2LVVYU

I like the fact you added a little extra at the end to make it unique.

Nice gear!! You and Weerpool are my favorite style of players...at least until you played the kazoo!! J/K Another solid performance.

Mahalos for the kind words ya'll! Now to think of a bonus song...hmmm. I promise there won't be a kazoo involved!

Ah, a great first day! We learned more about both baseball and cricket, and three great versions of TMOTTBG have us off and running. Woohoo!

I'm a busy bee this week, so y'all will get individual feedback at the end of the contest. I'll be sure to update the playlist (which you can also find in the original post) nightly.

1908 version of the classic song

thanks ralf! makes me want to visit my little sister in san francisco, catch a game, eat some garlic fries...i do so love october baseball!

1908 version of the classic song

thanks ralf! makes me want to visit my little sister in san francisco, catch a game, eat some garlic fries...i do so love october baseball!

Oh that was great! I read the lyrics to this version many years ago, but never heard it until I just saw your video. I always wondered how it was supposed to go. Thanks for doing this version!!

Top Bottom