Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mya-Moe Baritone Classic... my GOOF! is your opportunity

Default Mya-Moe Baritone Classic... my GOOF! is your opportunity

After 6 mos wait I receive my custom MM in mid-August.After playing it for several weeks and having fretting issues, I realized that fretboard width at the nut is smaller than my old uke. I GOOFED! I didn't take into consideration that my big sausage fingers need the available wider nut/ neck width option. This is MM # 783. Go to their website and enter this number in the uke tracker and see complete specs, photos, and a video demo by Aaron Keim. The Pau Ferro (Bolivian rosewood) and Port Orford cedar (actually cypress) combination makes for a very bright tone with sustain that goes on forever. This is a popular choice of several top custom guitar makers. This wood combo is the only one that MM has ever made. It would be nearly impossible to find a similar grain pattern today, making this truly a one of a kind instrument. It's virtually new and, of course, comes with a MM hard case Current wait time for a new uke from MM is 7 months. My big mistake is your opportunity. Price is $1500 and includes shipping to CONUS. Attachment 43459Attachment 43460[
    ATTACH=CONFIG]43461[/ATTACH]Attachment 43462

Ive collected instruments and refurbed wood furniture for years- that Uke is stunning my friend...
    (apogies for the thread hijack)
    Aloha- Farmer Rob
    Mainlaind Mahogany Longneck Pineapple Concert
    H.Haga Custom Cigar Box - Concert
    Kala Spruce Elec.Cutaway -Tenor
    KoAloha Koa Sceptre - Tenor
    Boat Paddle Resonator- Tenor
    Lanikai Koa- Baritone

The back on that thing is just gorgeous!
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

What is the width at the nut?

The width is 1 3/8" which is standard for MM. The complete specs for all their models is on their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by tattwo View Post
    What is the width at the nut?

If only somebody would make that kind of "goof" with a MM concert resonator... Good luck with the sale, I don't think you'll have much trouble moving it.
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

wow !!! awesome woods
    the back looks as 2 big M's like Mya Moe !!!!!!!!!

Unreal-more like Michael Phelp's or Ryan Lochte's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    The back on that thing is just gorgeous!
    Cheers,
    Christian
    Can somebody save me from running my mouth, please?

Wow! Beautiful instrument. Not in the cards for me right now, I can see a very happy new owner sometime soon.
    DaSilva James Hill model Tenor, Mya-Moe Mahogany 6-string, Beansprout Tenor Banjolele, Mya-Moe Super Soprano Redwood/Walnut, Mya Moe Striped Myrtle Tenor Tradition, Mya Moe Curly Koa Tenor Resonator , Favilla B-2 Mahoghany Baritone, Blackbird Farallon, Kala Ubass, Outdoor Ukulele

www.kevincarroll.net

Thread Information