Rogue Soprano Ukes

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Rogue Soprano Ukes for Senior's Uke Class

I am setting up a beginners uke class for seniors and would like to have some ukes available to sell them at cost if they don't have one. I see those Rogue 10 packs for $249 that includes bag, pitchpipe, and a probably worthless set of instructions. I plan on doing set ups on them. Also plan on instructing them on changing strings to Aquilas if they desire towards the end of the class.

Anyone work with these ukes? Ok for the purpose? Poor bargain?
Music store ukes around here over priced, no set ups, etc.

Last edited:
Aloha Phil,
woo hooo Phil....Senior Uke classes..sounds like tons of fun...but no Aquilas ....I tried them on my rogue and way too brash...martin M600 is the way too go...for shua
Yes Musicians friend...and music 123 are the only place they are sold because it is their ukes...Good luck and happy strummings....

Hi Phil, I got one a couple of years ago to carry in my flight bag and with a little set up and new strings it's a pretty fair player. I'm pretty sure it came with GHS black nylon strings and I didn't care much for them, I put Aquilas on it and they definately improved it. The tuners are cheap but they do work, the fret ends aren't very well finished, the fingerboard is developing a crack at the body end, and it certainly isn't the nicest finished uke, but for the price I think they're pretty tough to beat. By the way the pitch pipe that came with mine wasn't for a uke ( I think it was for guitar) and the chord chart was for a baritone, but the gig bag wasn't half bad!

Thanks for string info. Anyone have a good experience with them right out of the box?
I wonder how much work I'll have to do on them.

I purchased a couple of them from Musicians Friend, and they are okay. Definitely need a set up. The action at both the nut and bridge are just way too high. The strings are more like plastic than nylon. Might need to pound in a couple of frets and take the sharpness off of the sides so the kids don't cut their fingers up.

Once the uke is set up, it's not bad. Nothing to write home about, but they make a pretty decent sound. I use the black GHS strings on the ones I've set up. Oh, and they seem a bit over-built, which probably isn't a bad thing for students as I think they will take a pretty good beating and ask for more.

Dan

Last edited:
Send me a private message and I shall reply with the name of a place where you can get better for less. If you like them, you can buy them under my account. Vets Together Bill USN-USA

Thanks for string info. Anyone have a good experience with them right out of the box?
I wonder how much work I'll have to do on them.
I have bought at least 15 of them and kept 4 of them that did not need set and play well...and well the other need the action dropped and intonation tweeked....
my daily player is straight outta the box 4 years ago....

Top Bottom