Collings Tenor UT-2 Mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyers

Reaction score
SOLD, Thanks allThis incredible instrument is for sale. Its new this year purchased 4/16/12 from Acoustic music Works. They are out of stock right now, and a Collings order is at least a four month wait.
My uke is perfect , as new and includes Collings custom hard case. Its stunning to look at and even better to play. those of you who have seem my ads know something is cooking and I need cash. That is the only reason I would part with this magnificent instrument.
So a good deal is offered to you all. Asking $1300 delivered to CONUS, you use paypal or not, there are ways, without fees, just ask me. Any how thanks for looking. I'm not desperate so don't low ball me, please , let's be fair
Thanks, Bob Myers
CollingsBotToTop.jpgCollingsSides.jpgCollingsBackBest.jpgCollingsUkeCaseUU912.jpg.

Last edited:
What's the serial number?

thanks,

Doug

Bob's legit, we've made some transactions back and forth, and I'll vouch for him if that helps. This is a tempting deal. I dare anyone to try to find Collings UT-2. I haven't seen one out there in a while, because they're hard to find. I, for one, can't wait to see what he's saving up for.

What is this top secret purchase Bob? A nested ukulele? a Martin 5k within a Devine within a Moore Bettah?

It doesn't say serial number or SS but 798 is stamped in the inside on the neck block.
Thanks for the vouch soupking.
Bob

Bump, a almost impossible to get new, anywhere, and orders are back logged at Collings and this one is as new.
Bob

I'm surprised someone isn't all over this one Bob. If I didn't have my UT-1 already I would love to have it. I would say the right person hasn't seen it yet. I would think it won't last long. I love my Collings!!

Yeah, the UT2 is a great uke. I have a sunburst UT2. If I didn't I'd buy this one in a minute. $1300 is very reasonable. In fact, about the same as a Kamaka HF3 and IMHO, a lot more instrument for the money.

Doug

Hi I just sold my Compass Rose to a lucky Floridian named Ron. He drove about an hour to see and play my Compass Rose ( see my recent posts). It did not take him 10 minutes, even less, to just say wow, i'll take it. So what's the point. If I list a uke as "as new" it means exactly that, as received from maker. So If you live nearby come see it and play it , I know you will buy it just as fast. It is a wonderfull player and a beautiful instrument worthy of a lot more bucks. And you just can't get a new one unless you are willing to wait many months
My price is final and firm at $1300 delivered and you pay Paypal fees if any delivered in hard case in CONUS. Paypal fees can be avoided, just ask.
Bob Myers

Can also vouch his instruments are as stated. i bought my Mya Moe Mahagony Baritone from Bob.

Not everyone has $1,300 laying around, it will sell, just may take a week or two. Had I not just splurged myself with a Compass Rose, I would have gone for this, hope to have a Collings one day though.

sold my Kamaka 8, and now your rose is gone, a mahogany rose would be my dream uke, and now I have the funds. you hiding one? you seem to have an endless supply of stellar instruments.

Last edited:
Bob's Sycamore/Cedar Rose turned out to be my dream uke! He's a great guy with absolutely stunning instruments.

Collins Tenor UT-2

I am interested in this uke. How would you compare it to a G String Tenor? I was about to pull the trigger on that one until I saw this thread.
I own two Collings guitars and love them.

Just my .02 cents but I have played a G String tenor and many Collings. Not even in the same league. Collings are exceptional.

Both are very good. At that level, it's really just personal preference--some may like gstring much more, some may prefer collings. Also, the g string is probably koa, so that makes a difference if you prefer koa v something else

Hi All, Sorry I missed you, I was away for a few days and missed at least one sale, with a full price offer, if I could deliver by this weekend. I just got home so that is not possible. I apologize to any I have neglected, and still have it for sale, I just played it, and after a couple days away, it sounds even better. I almost missed it too much to sell.
Bob Myers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom