FS: Ohana sbk-35 Bell shaped Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

coitmusic

Reaction score
What a great looking and sounding uke! I bought this on a visit to Elderly a year a half ago and have loved playing it, but I just have too many ukes and this one hardly ever gets played anymore. Plus, my spouse is starting to wonder about all the ukes around the house, so time to move this guy along.

SKB-35 Bell Shaped Soprano

Features:
Solid Mahogany Top, Back & Sides
Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge
Gotoh Friction Tuners
Full body bindings
Aquila Strings
Bone saddle and nut

Condition: Excellent, almost as new. This was one of my first "bought as new" ukes and I have taken great care with it. There are two white marks in the finish on the bottom that I did not notice until I had the uke home. They appear to be inside the finish not on top. See the pictures for detailed shots.

Sound: Very loud and clear. If you've played an Ohana before, you'll recognize the loud, slightly bassy full sound but more so. I think that the extra area in the lower bout give this guy great bass.

Extras: As there is no case available for this uke, my lovely and talented wife made me a custom fit gig bag for it. It is made from green cotton canvas with a long white zipper. The pack is padded with an insert of foam core covered in canvas but the top and sides are just the canvas. Not super protective, but a good basic bag.

Price:
$160 plus actual shipping. I'd prefer to ship to the continental US only. I can take paypal, but I'd prefer a money order or personal check.

IMG_1930.jpgIMG_1925.jpgIMG_1926.jpgIMG_1927.jpgIMG_1928.jpg

Where are you? what do you anticipate as $$ to ship to 97317? I have one of Trembesi wood, but would like one of mahogany as well

CraftedCow,
I'm in Michigan (49461). I'll be creating this up this morning and I'll PM you a quote once I have the weight and dimensions.
Chester

CraftedCow,

Update:
PM sent but I don't know if it went through....anyway, $20 for ups ground (4 days) and $17 for usps parcel post (7 days) both insured.

Back to the top!
This guy is still available and already packed extra securely for quick shipment. I really believe Ohana ukes are one of the best values out there: the all solid wood construction will only sound better as it ages and is played in and the bone nut and saddle give great tone. PM me with your zip code and I'll get rightback to you with a shipping quote.
Chester

One more time!

Bump, ditty, bump, ditty, bump, bump, bump.

Well, it's been some time, but I still have this available if anyone is interested. I'm lowering the price to $150 plus shipping. It's already packed and ready to go and I can have it out in a day or two after payment.
I'd also be interested in a trade/partial trade for a small bodied guitar (parlor or 0 size) or a tenor guitar. Condition isn't super important.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom