Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Ukulele Underground friends..

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    3,671

    Default Ukulele Underground friends..

    last night i talked about Ukes with 3 other UU friends Uke42>tigeralum2001.. and the well known>> Gyosh..we had about 30 mins before my uke class..lots of fun i am very glad i found the UU many many good people here and they all love the uke..
    I got to show my uke to Gary and i hope i am still in Calif when you get your Special Compass Rose..if i am back in Hawaii you got to show it to me there?if you travel with it Lol
    Keep strumming!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central IL & Fox Valley, IL
    Posts
    7,504

    Default

    I met UU Members PaulDecember and Stevepetergal for drinks and food in Chicagoland before the Lil Rev concert this past Friday. Similar experience, awesome dudes, totally casual and fun hanging out, wished we had more than the few hours that we had, and plans to get together again are in the works. Thank you, UU. Agree, H50.
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 10-03-2012 at 07:51 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    3,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    I met UU Members PaulDecember and Stevepetergal for drinks and food in Chicagoland before the Lil Rev concert this past Friday. Similar experience, awesome dudes, totally casual and fun hanging out, wished we had more than the few hours that we had, and plans to get together again are in the works. Thank you, UU. Agree, H50.
    Hey Cooltalker..i am a low low tech kind of guy but once i found this site i am on the computer as much as possible LOL great site and cool people..hard to believe there is a better site than this one..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Yeah it was cool to finally meet Gyosh (Gary). Thanks for letting me play your Compass Rose. I was very impressed by the sound and build quality. Still not sold on the rosette compass design
    UASA Member: Kanile'a K1 Premium Concert, Kanile'a K1 Super Concert, Pono MPTSH Tenor, Pono RTSHC Tenor, Kanile'a K1 Premium Tenor, Kanile'a Islands Model Premium Tenor, Pono MS Soprano, Kamoa E3 Evolve

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capital District NY
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uke42 View Post
    Yeah it was cool to finally meet Gyosh (Gary). Thanks for letting me play your Compass Rose. I was very impressed by the sound and build quality. Still not sold on the rosette compass design
    I have made some great friends on this forum, some I see weekly... it's fantastic... I meet a few new uu members a few weeks ago and hope to meet many more in the future...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    44,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 50 View Post
    last night i talked about Ukes with 3 other UU friends Uke42>tigeralum2001.. and the well known>> Gyosh..we had about 30 mins before my uke class..lots of fun i am very glad i found the UU many many good people here and they all love the uke..
    I got to show my uke to Gary and i hope i am still in Calif when you get your Special Compass Rose..if i am back in Hawaii you got to show it to me there?if you travel with it Lol
    Keep strumming!
    If you're retired before I receive my CR I'll definitely bring it on my next trip to Hawaii . . . as long as I get to try the DeVine and the MooreBettah (you know you're going to get one of those too ).

    . . . and it was great meeting everyone last night. Are you guys going to Roy's Coffee and Tea for the Kanikapila on Saturday? Maybe we should create a Bay Area UU meet up. What do you think?
    9:23448

    Passionately Untalented

    Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

    Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    If you're retired before I receive my CR I'll definitely bring it on my next trip to Hawaii . . . as long as I get to try the DeVine and the MooreBettah (you know you're going to get one of those too ).

    . . . and it was great meeting everyone last night. Are you guys going to Roy's Coffee and Tea for the Kanikapila on Saturday? Maybe we should create a Bay Area UU meet up. What do you think?
    I'm thinking about going to the Kanikapila since it's going to be the last one of the year and bring my nephew who just started playing the uke.
    UASA Member: Kanile'a K1 Premium Concert, Kanile'a K1 Super Concert, Pono MPTSH Tenor, Pono RTSHC Tenor, Kanile'a K1 Premium Tenor, Kanile'a Islands Model Premium Tenor, Pono MS Soprano, Kamoa E3 Evolve

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    20

    Default

    there's a San Francisco uke meetup two Sundays per month!

    http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Ukulele-Meetup/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    3,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    If you're retired before I receive my CR I'll definitely bring it on my next trip to Hawaii . . . as long as I get to try the DeVine and the MooreBettah (you know you're going to get one of those too ).

    . . . and it was great meeting everyone last night. Are you guys going to Roy's Coffee and Tea for the Kanikapila on Saturday? Maybe we should create a Bay Area UU meet up. What do you think?

    hey Gyosh..that Moore Bettah going to be a miracle..i kind of want one made just for me(custom)even though i dont know what kind of options i would get.. Ha ha.. i think i would be in shock and just tell Chuck how much i want to spend and have him do what he wants..
    i can see myself not knowing what to do if my name ever came up!

    remember the mail must go through..i got to work saturday and by the end of the week dead tired(i am old remember lol)maybe one night we can meet at the San Jose uke club..Maybe..Santa Cruz would be fun but too far for me//
    Last edited by hawaii 50; 10-03-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spelling

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    3,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uke42 View Post
    Yeah it was cool to finally meet Gyosh (Gary). Thanks for letting me play your Compass Rose. I was very impressed by the sound and build quality. Still not sold on the rosette compass design

    Rick said he can do abalone rosette if that is what you want and he can almost anything i am pretty sue(that is me talking) or maybe no rosette or maybe wood rosette I think Jake does wood rosettes on his Hive ukes..and i am sure John can do those too..With Rick as the Main man pretty sure they can do all kinds of stuff..

    Hey Gyosh did you get the abalone rosette to go along with the ablone purfling?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •