Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain

Pondoro,
Have you heard if we can bring our ukes? I emailed the UOGB (see previous posts) and they said no. But, then others here seem to think we could. I called the box office. They claimed they would inquire about it and then call me back. Of course,.....no call back. Are you bringing your uke?

I can't speak for any other location, but for those of us attending the show at the McCarter Theater in Princeton, NJ next week, the McCarter website specifically noted that we were encouraged to bring our ukes and provided linkes to the score for a piece called Relentlessly in C, as well as video of the UOGB playing it. This appears to be true for other venues as well.

BTW, I've been having a good time playing Relentlessly in C along with the UOGB video. It's really very simple, and sounds pretty cool when it works.

For any of you who are attending the concert in Traverse City, MI on October 13, they ARE doing the Relentlessly "In C" concert there. The City Opera House in T.C. does not have any information of it on their website. So, I called and talked to the manager there. She did some checking and said that that is what they are doing, and she emailed me the music, info., etc. (actually the same as what is on the UOGB website and other box office websites). She said to bring your ukes and join in the fun!!

Pondoro,
Have you heard if we can bring our ukes? I emailed the UOGB (see previous posts) and they said no. But, then others here seem to think we could. I called the box office. They claimed they would inquire about it and then call me back. Of course,.....no call back. Are you bringing your uke?

I was not planning to bring a uke.

BTW, I've been having a good time playing Relentlessly in C along with the UOGB video. It's really very simple, and sounds pretty cool when it works.

I've been practicing too. At first I had my doubts, but it is kinda cool when you play it with them. It will be interesting to hear it all come together with the audience. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom