Jake in Seattle & 'ukulele book updates

pekelo

Reaction score
Aloha!
For you seattle ukers - Jake will be in concert on
Wed Oct 24 - http://jakeshimabukuro.com/shows/detail/benaroya_hall_taper_auditorium/

For the folks learning fingerpicking & chord melody playing, I just got in another nice endorsement from Hawaiian 'Ukulele instructor Kimo Hussey for my uke books www.pekelosbooks.com
Kimo's endorsement adds to the endorsements by Chris Kamaka, Lyle Ritz, Dr. Amy Stillman, Bryan Tolentino & more!
Learn a chord melody style as you listen and play along with the CDs
& Mahalo for all the nice book reviews from the UU community!
For the Hawaii folks - these are available/on display in the Hawaii Public Library system & most recently at Harry's Music Store on Waialae Ave. Enjoy!
Pekelo
www.pekelosbooks.com

Hey great books! I bought both of them from my local uke store 'Ukulele Source' and they have taught me a lot.

Hey great books! I bought both of them from my local uke store 'Ukulele Source' and they have taught me a lot.

HA! I was just going to ask if there were music stores carrying these books. I guess I'll visit Smiley today. Thanks Renato!

Aloha!
For you seattle ukers - Jake will be in concert on
Wed Oct 24 - http://jakeshimabukuro.com/shows/detail/benaroya_hall_taper_auditorium/

For the folks learning fingerpicking & chord melody playing, I just got in another nice endorsement from Hawaiian 'Ukulele instructor Kimo Hussey for my uke books www.pekelosbooks.com
Kimo's endorsement adds to the endorsements by Chris Kamaka, Lyle Ritz, Dr. Amy Stillman, Bryan Tolentino & more!
Learn a chord melody style as you listen and play along with the CDs
& Mahalo for all the nice book reviews from the UU community!
For the Hawaii folks - these are available/on display in the Hawaii Public Library system & most recently at Harry's Music Store on Waialae Ave. Enjoy!
Pekelo
www.pekelosbooks.com

Aloha brah..i grew up in Wahiawa and i do have both of you instrction books still learning but i like them easy to understand>>..FYI uke42 above and me take lessons from Rodney at ukulele jams in San Jose Calif..you and Rodney both from Waipahu right??you know him..i see him tonight i will say hi if you want..

Last edited:
e howzit Hawaii50
actually -its still coming up -in 3 wed from now:)

& actually -before we moved to waipahu, we lived in wahiawa first-my first schools were there
I met Rodney while a short trip to Japan town part of San Jose
& also got to see him jam in a concert with Weldon at the halau there ...Rod is an awesome player & uke teacher!!

& actually -before we moved to waipahu, we lived in wahiawa first-my first schools were there
I met Rodney while a short trip to Japan town part of San Jose
& also got to see him jam in a concert with Weldon at the halau there ...Rod is an awesome player & uke teacher!!

Aloha..
what part of Wahiawa did you live? my mother lives close to the swimming pool..how old were you when you moved?
been taking lessons for about 6 months and played for fun when i was in high school..long time ago..going to retire and move back to oahu end of the year! i wish i stated playing uke sooner but i will have alot of time soon HA ha
i will be waiting for your next book..

Top Bottom