Which low G string?

moka

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to know which is the best low G string(wound or unwound) who matches the best with the CEA d'addario j71 on a kamaka tenor.

Sorry for my english and thank you for helping!

I have no experience with D'Addario strings, so I don't know what's compatible with them, but people have said great things about Living Water Strings, which are flurocarbon strings sold in sets, including a set with low g.

http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/Pages/LWS.aspx

They're designed and sold by Ken Middleton, who is a member of this forum, so you can send him a PM with any questions. Good luck!

It's pretty much a hit & miss thing when trying to match them up . . . since they're D'Addarios, you might wanna try one of theirs like a J4304. Aqulla has Reds low G.

Yes, I agree it's hard to match strings up. The best way to find a good string for you is to try several. Choose one, play it for a while, and decide whether you like it. You can try others too - maybe you'll like more than one, or find some better for certain music.

Personally I only use fluorocarbons for all my strings, but that's because I like the way they feel and my Flea has a plastic fretboard where wound strings aren't recommended.

Hope you find a low G that works well for you and sounds great!

Thank you everyone !

I gonna try both d'addario and the aquila red !

It's pretty much a hit & miss thing when trying to match them up . . . since they're D'Addarios, you might wanna try one of theirs like a J4304. Aqulla has Reds low G.

I use the D'Addario J4304. They sound good, and I haven't had one break on me.

I've had good luck with the D'Addario J4504 classical guitar D string, but haven't tried one on a Kamaka.

Top Bottom