Oscar Schmidt Baritone OU5B?

Wooville

Reaction score
Maysville, Kentucky "on the banks of the Ohio"
Any of you have any feeling on this Oscar Schmidt Baritone? Laminated Koa top, sides, back....

Wooville

this is the marketplace forum, are you wanting to buy one, sell one? if so you need to be clearer, if not, maybe the uke talk forum would be more appropriate.
btw, I have never played one so have no opinion. sorry. I do like baritones and have several.

Ou5B is stunning to look at, hands down. The strings pluck out loud and very clear. If you do not know how to tune it yourself it will have to be taken to a shop to have the the action lowered. It’s way too high and I’ve heard others say this. As far as I can tell it’s solid Koa. Has gold Grover tuning machines that are smooth as silk. I play baritones and have a Kamaka, Kanile'a and about a $500-$600 Kala so I know how good ukes sound. Sound wise, this could go for three times the money. It has its very own sound. Loud and clear. At least mine does. It is a limited edition.

Well the forum description does say "buying or selling", so I don't see a problem with listing on the marketplace for advise Sorry if I broke protocol!

Wooville

Y'all will get better response in the Uke Talk forum. People just come to Marketplace to see what's for sale or what people are lookin' to buy.

Anyone have one of these they want to sell? I have a low-cost baritone which I was slow to warm up to, but now after playing it for six months, I am finding that I love baritones, so it's time to move up to a better one. Please let me know if you have one to sell. Thanks.

Top Bottom