this is the kind of song....

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
that can emotionally move a man, at least one that's up at 2 in the morning.. not sure what emotion, but it has something to do with the good in life. Dontcha think?

"i'm to old to wanna be younger now".
Great line
great singer,
nice beard
Lucky he had that cutaway to get to those high notes when he plays way up there on the 3rd fret ;)

If I had to sum this up with a single line it'd be: "Survival is the key". Who is the singer? It's not the Dave Mathews I used to listen to, that's for sure.

If I had to sum this up with a single line it'd be: "Survival is the key". Who is the singer? It's not the Dave Mathews I used to listen to, that's for sure.

Its corporate Dave. The HR manager of his label told his PR manager, to tell DM's actual manager to quietly mention to DM that if he wrote a deep tear jerker on a uke it would attract another 4.7% global sales. Nothing like a slow quiet song played on a folk instrument in a 30000 seat stadium at $150 a head.

still, good song!

My wife is a huge Dave Matthews fan we have both played this. Still not sure if we have the strum down. It looks like a simple strum, but not so sure. Anyway like the song.

Its corporate Dave. The HR manager of his label told his PR manager, to tell DM's actual manager to quietly mention to DM that if he wrote a deep tear jerker on a uke it would attract another 4.7% global sales. Nothing like a slow quiet song played on a folk instrument in a 30000 seat stadium at $150 a head.

still, good song!

The ukulele has a special quality for the singer songwriter. Featuring their vocal and the song, letting it sit on top of the music.
This is very Dave Mathews. He has many folky songs of a softer sentiment and sweeter overtone. This song has been around for a year and a half and not recorded for sale. I don't think DM is seeing the dollar signs in ukulele. He may even alienate some fans or pick up criticism like this. He may never even put it on an album... but it features his unique voice and melodies in a way I would love to hear more often. To me, same like Eddie V, his voice leaves more impression on top of the uke voicing.

I wasn't criticizing, (well, perhaps the music industry) just attempting to put a smile on peoples face's with some silly humour. I should of added a :) or something. :)

Oh, ya I know. Anyone that takes any of this to heart needs some real problems. I always enjoy your humor Beau. People think I'm serious, rarely the case. For instance right now I'm supposed to be picking up ukes in town. Ok, I'm stepping away from the computer...

Top Bottom