Hey there from Texas!

tomorrowville

Reaction score
Hey, everybody! Looooooooong-time lurker, first-time poster. I just wanted to introduce myself and get involved in the discussions.

Uke-wise, I'm one of the members of a local indie rock band, The Diabolical Machines, that bases its sound around the uke. We're a four-piece - I play tenor, we've got a baritone (who also plays guitar), plus a dedicated guitarist and a drummer. I alternate between a rosewood EleUke and a black Ovation, depending on the song, while the baritone player plays a Luna High Tide. We just put out our first demo (at the link), and are starting up doing gigs on a regular basis. It's not exactly a traditional uke sound, but we have a lot of fun with it.

I'm learning more about the uke every day, now trying to expand to be more solid at riffs and solos in addition to the rhythm playing I normally do. UU has been a great help in my education, and I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

Take care!

Welcome! Would like to have heard your demo, but my AOL browser can't handle it...among many other things. On youtube?

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, y'all, for the warm welcome. Phil - currently, I've only got our track on Bandcamp, but putting it up on YouTube might not be a bad idea. I'll have to get to that at some point when I have the chance. We're currently working on some more tracks for release and polishing up our live show, so as you can imagine, I'm a little preoccupied. :)

Top Bottom