The Passenger

The Ukelites

Reaction score
Hi UU,

today we recorded our first multitrack and our first greenscreen video. We still need some practise on that greenscreen...
After this week's season showed some videos with the Am F C G chords we decided to do "The Passenger" from Iggy Pop. It's always
Am F C G and Am F C E.
But we wanted to do this multitrack and it is not exactly the progression Jpeg wanted, so we decided to post it here and not in the season.
Somewhere I read that Iggy Pop wrote this song 1977 in the Berlin subway, so we decided to take a Munich subway station as our background, the place is called Karlsplatz, Stachus.
Hope you like it.

Leather and all, and a punky distorted sound... you've gone and done a Dylan on us and gone all electric.
That Am F C G is the "sensitive female chord progression" which is surprising for Iggy, and jpeg said he
would not quibble if anyone used it... so I would say it would be OK for the seasons. I did a Em C G D
song and nobody objected.

Loved the performance, the brashness of it, and the stark B&W visuals. Instant favorite.

I like your songs. They are bouncy and fun.

The Passenger, besides being Iggy's 1977 tune, is also the title of Pulitizer Prize winning novelist ("The Road", "Blood Meridian", etc.) Cormac McCarthy's soon-to-be-released novel.

I have no clue why I just told you that. It might be because my mind is turning like a rusted screw here so early in the morning.

But, back to your tune...I remember that one from Iggy. It makes me want to dance, the way you do it and all. I like how that green screen effect makes you both look like ghosts in a busy subway station. It's like everyone just keeps walking past you and they don;t even see you. But, I see you. I can hear you, and they can't. It makes my skin all goosepimply, but for some reason, I like it.

Last edited:
This is great.
An electric uke would fit there too.
Einsteigen bitte.

Thank you, Fred.
An E-Uke of course would fit, but if we wanted a guitar sound, we would take a guitar. We love the uke sound, that's why we play it (ok, and because it's small and cute). :)

I like your songs. They are bouncy and fun.

The Passenger, besides being Iggy's 1977 tune, is also the title of Pulitizer Prize winning novelist ("The Road", "Blood Meridian", etc.) Cormac McCarthy's soon-to-be-released novel.

I have no clue why I just told you that. It might be because my mind is turning like a rusted screw here so early in the morning.

But, back to your tune...I remember that one from Iggy. It makes me want to dance, the way you do it and all. I like how that green screen effect makes you both look like ghosts in a busy subway station. It's like everyone just keeps walking past you and they don;t even see you. But, I see you. I can hear you, and they can't. It makes my skin all goosepimply, but for some reason, I like it.

Thank you, coolkayaker1!
The video has the same effect on us. btw: The Passengers is the name of Debbie Harry's serious Band. I have no clue why I just told you that... :confused:

Leather and all, and a punky distorted sound... you've gone and done a Dylan on us and gone all electric.
That Am F C G is the "sensitive female chord progression" which is surprising for Iggy, and jpeg said he
would not quibble if anyone used it... so I would say it would be OK for the seasons. I did a Em C G D
song and nobody objected.

Loved the performance, the brashness of it, and the stark B&W visuals. Instant favorite.

Thank you, Bob. But overdub productions are not allowed in the seasons' entries. But anyway: Glad you liked it!

Beautifully done...love me some Iggy Pop, and the setting was incredible- as was the playing of course, as usual.

Wow the green screen is very cool. Talk about being high tech.
It's really nice to hear the bass as well. You guys are just to
cool for school. Fabulous.

Very cool! I look forward next to Bowie's HEROES!!!

Petey

Wow the green screen is very cool. Talk about being high tech.
It's really nice to hear the bass as well. You guys are just to
cool for school. Fabulous.

To cool for school? I'm a teacher for german, history and philosophy, hehe....Cheers Miriam

Top Bottom