Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Passenger

Default The Passenger

Hi UU,

today we recorded our first multitrack and our first greenscreen video. We still need some practise on that greenscreen...
    After this week's season showed some videos with the Am F C G chords we decided to do "The Passenger" from Iggy Pop. It's always
    Am F C G and Am F C E.
    But we wanted to do this multitrack and it is not exactly the progression Jpeg wanted, so we decided to post it here and not in the season.
    Somewhere I read that Iggy Pop wrote this song 1977 in the Berlin subway, so we decided to take a Munich subway station as our background, the place is called Karlsplatz, Stachus.
    Hope you like it.

Leather and all, and a punky distorted sound... you've gone and done a Dylan on us and gone all electric.
    That Am F C G is the "sensitive female chord progression" which is surprising for Iggy, and jpeg said he
    would not quibble if anyone used it... so I would say it would be OK for the seasons. I did a Em C G D
    song and nobody objected.

Loved the performance, the brashness of it, and the stark B&W visuals. Instant favorite.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

This is great.
    An electric uke would fit there too.
    Einsteigen bitte.

I like your songs. They are bouncy and fun.

The Passenger, besides being Iggy's 1977 tune, is also the title of Pulitizer Prize winning novelist ("The Road", "Blood Meridian", etc.) Cormac McCarthy's soon-to-be-released novel.

I have no clue why I just told you that. It might be because my mind is turning like a rusted screw here so early in the morning.

But, back to your tune...I remember that one from Iggy. It makes me want to dance, the way you do it and all. I like how that green screen effect makes you both look like ghosts in a busy subway station. It's like everyone just keeps walking past you and they don;t even see you. But, I see you. I can hear you, and they can't. It makes my skin all goosepimply, but for some reason, I like it.
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 10-13-2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: because i misspelled 4 words and wanted to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFred View Post
    This is great.
    An electric uke would fit there too.
    Einsteigen bitte.
    Thank you, Fred.
    An E-Uke of course would fit, but if we wanted a guitar sound, we would take a guitar. We love the uke sound, that's why we play it (ok, and because it's small and cute).

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    I like your songs. They are bouncy and fun.

The Passenger, besides being Iggy's 1977 tune, is also the title of Pulitizer Prize winning novelist ("The Road", "Blood Meridian", etc.) Cormac McCarthy's soon-to-be-released novel.

I have no clue why I just told you that. It might be because my mind is turning like a rusted screw here so early in the morning.

But, back to your tune...I remember that one from Iggy. It makes me want to dance, the way you do it and all. I like how that green screen effect makes you both look like ghosts in a busy subway station. It's like everyone just keeps walking past you and they don;t even see you. But, I see you. I can hear you, and they can't. It makes my skin all goosepimply, but for some reason, I like it.
    Thank you, coolkayaker1!
    The video has the same effect on us. btw: The Passengers is the name of Debbie Harry's serious Band. I have no clue why I just told you that...

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    Leather and all, and a punky distorted sound... you've gone and done a Dylan on us and gone all electric.
    That Am F C G is the "sensitive female chord progression" which is surprising for Iggy, and jpeg said he
    would not quibble if anyone used it... so I would say it would be OK for the seasons. I did a Em C G D
    song and nobody objected.

Loved the performance, the brashness of it, and the stark B&W visuals. Instant favorite.
    Thank you, Bob. But overdub productions are not allowed in the seasons' entries. But anyway: Glad you liked it!

That was cool!
    Sang and played great and neat background!

Best on yet guys, even Steffan is rocking out :-) Vocals sounded sweet too.
    http://www.youtube.com/errol4bz
    http://leroy4bz.blogspot.com/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The good thing about music is when it hits you, you feel no pain!

What a cool look to the video! Love the sound, too! Great job as always...

Thread Information