"Every Now And Again" (original)

Wow, Jon this is beautiful! I don't think I've heard an original from you but you're clearly a really talented songwriter. Very well written, sung and played. I'm on my 3rd listen. Congrats on this one!
thanks heaps for the affirmation brother. It's funny with the originals, I used to play acoustic guitar and play round these parts as a singer-songwriter for a few years. Was loathe to play any covers at all...oh, except 'Copperhead Road' which was a fave with the local barflies. But since I started playing uke I've been reluctant to transfer my old stuff to the 4 strings for some reason, not sure why...guess I kinda fell in love with old time songs and have forgotten about writing for ages. Really appreciate the encouragement Bob, cheers mate

thanks heaps for the affirmation brother. It's funny with the originals, I used to play acoustic guitar and play round these parts as a singer-songwriter for a few years. Was loathe to play any covers at all...oh, except 'Copperhead Road' which was a fave with the local barflies. But since I started playing uke I've been reluctant to transfer my old stuff to the 4 strings for some reason, not sure why...guess I kinda fell in love with old time songs and have forgotten about writing for ages. Really appreciate the encouragement Bob, cheers mate

Keep doing it man. I'd love to hear more originals from you. I've bookmarked this one and have played it a number of times. Don't hold back on us - Bust out those guitar tunes and put em on the uke!

Wow. That shows your real talent Jon, covers are two a penny but being able to pen such a beauty shows your a real musicians musician!! absolutly brill!

gee thanks so much everyone for such an awesome bunch of comments. Feeling greatly encouraged and a little bolder about trawling through some of my old tunes. Blessings gang, and thanks again for the encouragement!

I echo what the others have said, Jon, this is first class songwriting as far as I'm concerned. Just brilliant. Commented on YT as well...

thanks a lot Lesley, and for the yt comment as well. Actually started transposing another song yesterday afternoon so we'll see how it goes. Cheers buddy

Top Bottom