Tuner Sorry it's a guitar one..

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last edited:
Wow, tvat''s incredible. I'd want it to physicaly turn the tuning pegs for that sort if cash!

Wow, that''s incredible. I'd want it to physically turn the tuning pegs for that sort if cash!

Holy Smokes....can anybody tell me what makes this tuner so outragous in price...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clip-on-Gui...ps=63&clkid=2950880624019241324&_qi=RTM759772
Actually it's a multi use one even for ukuleles...:confused:
Hey on the bottom they say they ship to the United States Only...
then lower it says not to Hawaii.... What the hell? LOL

Holy smokes is right..and it says it's sold 70! It looks like my kala I paid way less for and the Kala says for ukulele and it will tune my boys guitars and my daughters violin. For that price they should hand deliver

Okay...I may be completely out of line here...but the only way I see that they sold 70 of those things at that price is if they're delivering crack with the tuner...

This almost has to be a front for something because I checked some of the other items this seller moves. A lot of them are priced normally, but then there are many that are priced almost exactly $100 over what the item is actually worth (a bicycle spoke wrench, connectors, all kinds of crazy stuff) with lots of sales listed (16 bicycle spoke wrenches at over $100 each, etc.).

Edit to add: I suspect a money laundering operation. Lots of small sales on relatively worthless things at highly inflated prices - I can't think of anything else it could be.

John

Last edited:
I don't get it? I have a cheap gogo tiki tuner that was cheap and I love. Don't get snarky:D The most I thought about spending was the KORG ukulele tuner for $30. I have no problem spending for quality stuff, but don't get what is special about that one. Feel better that no one else did either.

Yes, but it does have a two month warranty from the seller........... :)

Holy Smokes....can anybody tell me what makes this tuner so outragous in price...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clip-on-Gui...ps=63&clkid=2950880624019241324&_qi=RTM759772
Actually it's a multi use one even for ukuleles...:confused:
Hey on the bottom they say they ship to the United States Only...
then lower it says not to Hawaii.... What the hell? LOL

must be a typo..10.98 sounds more like it..i know they got a tuner called Petterson that cost 70/80 dollars and maybe worth it?

must be a typo..10.98 sounds more like it..i know they got a tuner called Petterson that cost 70/80 dollars and maybe worth it?

You see weird stuff like this on Amazon as well, especially in the used books. I've seen books that retail new for $35 listed at ridiculous prices....like a copy of the Daily Ukulele, used in good condition for only $528.78.......plus $3.99 shipping!!

Wow! Maybe it is a typeo! I was aparently selling a Lanikai O-8EK for less than I paid for it until a customer thankfully pointed out to me I had typed a 2 where a 3 should have been! Eeeek!

But if that tuner is selling for that much, I am in the wrong business. I should be selling tuners instead.

If you click on the 70 sold, it appears they all sold for less than $6. The shop seems to have more than 9000 items, if you can't resist gadgets do not check out the shop.

Okay...now that's got me puzzled. How did they sell for 5.71 and 5.98 when the bin/cart price is 105.98 and there is no "Make an Offer"? Just for grins I actually hit the BIN and the cart buttons and both were going to charge me 105.98...

John

BIN is $5.98 for me. Maybe they fixed it.

LOL - I'm going to assume $5.98 was not the original price? Tis now. :)

Wow shady,but maybe all the hits from this site made them nervous. Back to a normal price now.

Well...that's too bad...at least you can still get the bicycle spoke wrench for $102... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Silve...202?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5895b9ab22

There are quite a few items like this on their site - always seems to be exactly $100 over what the price should be. Too many of them and too consistently the same error to be typos - if it's not shady then it's got to be something like them using some glitched software tools to manage the site. (Developing software to integrate with eBay is possible without buying their SDK but maintaining it ain't easy - several years ago I wrote my own sniping/auction management software "browser" - it worked quite nicely but maintaining it was a nightmare because they too often changed the HTML "fingerprints" that my software relied on to interpret pages programmatically.)

John

Who knows, I did not play with the BIN button.
I hit the link that said "70 Sold" and it had a history of all the prices, which were under $6.
But just think of having it in your collection, you could show your friends "this is the actual tuner that sold for $105, you should hear how it sounds."

Aloha Bill,
I would never buy that under any circumstances at that price..even if I was rich..ha ha I probally get ribbed for that..big time...

Yes It sounds like it was a mistake..maybe they are members here....

Top Bottom