New Uke Finally Arrived!!

lennymac

Reaction score
After an excruciating 6 weeks of waiting, my new Kamaka Concert Long Neck Special Order has finally arrived - and it looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous!! I am delighted with it!! I have put on some aquila nylgut strings as that was what I had in the house - I'll swap to flourocarbons in the next week or two - probably Worth Browns - first started speaking to Kamaka about this order at the end of July so it has been a long, long three months!!

The Koa is gorgous - at has a sort of 3d effect - beautiful, my poor photography skills and iphone camera don't do it justice. I've also put a brief sound sample below!

IMG_0793.jpgIMG_0794.jpgIMG_0795.jpgIMG_0799.jpgIMG_0801.jpgIMG_0805.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-5IzM9MEo

Beautiful! I hope you really enjoy your new uke. Congrats!

After an excruciating 6 weeks of waiting, my new Kamaka Concert Long Neck Special Order has finally arrived - and it looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous!! I am delighted with it!! I have put on some aquila nylgut strings as that was what I had in the house - I'll swap to flourocarbons in the next week or two - probably Worth Browns - first started speaking to Kamaka about this order at the end of July so it has been a long, long three months!!

Congratulations Very very nice and sounds good too!

Similar to the one I'm getting ready to have them build for me. Higher grade koa, regular neck, ebony fretboard & bridge, single rosette.

Last edited:
Congratulations Very very nice and sounds good too!

Similar to the one I'm getting ready to have them build for me. Higher grade koa, regular neck, ebony fretboard & bridge, single rosette.

Thank you!! Yours does sound similar , mine has a long neck and no dots on the fretboard other than on the side - you'll love yours!! I'm so pleased!!

Last edited:
Both beautiful to look at and listen too. Congratulations on your new addition

Wow, great tone and looks. What a score. Congratulations!

Thanks for all your comments, it is all I hoped it would be!! Being in the UK I have never played a Kamaka (or any other K brand) before - so even with lots of advice from UU members and lots of reading on line, this was a very expensive gamble - I was extremely nervous opening the box this morning!! I would highly recommend Kamaka based both on the sheer quality of the instrument itself, and my dealings with Tekla and Christine - lots of Aloha spirit!!

Wow, that's rather gorgeous. Sounds great too! :shaka:

The Koa is gorgous - at has a sort of 3d effect - beautiful, my poor photography skills and iphone camera don't do it justice. I've also put a brief sound sample below!

View attachment 44561View attachment 44562View attachment 44563View attachment 44564View attachment 44565View attachment 44566

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-5IzM9MEo

Very nice Lenny..how long was the shipping time to you..did you get a call or email from Tekla?
mine is an HF3 special..looks the same as yours but i got the mop KK logo and the ripple abalone rosette to match the logo..

congrats on your new kamaka LS concert, which is a twin brother of mine ! lol...
Any for strings, I will suggest to use LWS from Ken Middleton. You can get it here: http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/Pages/LWS.aspx

I am sure that this uke will sound better after open up. Surprisingly long neck concert works very well with low G if you are interested.

cheers,

Last edited:
awesome Lenny, man that's one of the nicest kamaka specials I've seen. The koa looks incredible mate. Congratulations on a brilliant purchase. And as for the playing, that was superb as well. That's some mean strumming technique you've got down. Cheers!

Very nice Lenny..how long was the shipping time to you..did you get a call or email from Tekla?
mine is an HF3 special..looks the same as yours but i got the mop KK logo and the ripple abalone rosette to match the logo..

Hey - can't wait to see yours! Total time from order to delivery was 6 weeks including UK customs delays etc. my expectations were originally set at 2-3 months so it looks like they wisely under promise and over deliver. Tekla emailed to say it was finished. Look forward to seeing yours!!

congrats on your new kamaka LS concert, which is a twin brother of mine ! lol...
Any for strings, I will suggest to use LWS from Ken Middletone. You can get it here: http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/Pages/LWS.aspx

I am sure that this uke will sound better after open up. Surprisingly long neck concert works very well with low G if you are interested.

cheers,

Foxfair - this is indeed the twin brother if yours - your advice and photos helped a lot!! Think the differences are only that yours is 4a compared to my 3a, and I've no fret markers on the board! Thanks for all your help and advice - I will try Ken's strings too!

awesome Lenny, man that's one of the nicest kamaka specials I've seen. The koa looks incredible mate. Congratulations on a brilliant purchase. And as for the playing, that was superb as well. That's some mean strumming technique you've got down. Cheers!

Thank you kind sir!

Great looking uke! Definitely on my lust list.

Sounds terrible though. I'll meet you over in Marketplace and take it off your hands. :)

Enjoy. Kamaka makes a fine uke. That headstock in ebony is sweet.

Top Bottom