Well, I'm here in Delray Beach, Florida

Pippin

Reaction score
The wind is really blowing and I hope to record some video tomorrow. My wife and I arrived half-past midnight last night and slept until about 7:00 AM this morning.

We went over to the beach (a block away) and saw red-flags on the life guard stations. The signs said "No Swimming" but there were still kite surfers on the waves. That wind was really ripping.

I shot some video and in most places, it was really noisy, even with the "dead cat" on the microphone (that's the official name for those big fuzzy mic covers we use when shooting outdoors). I'll be editing the videos when we are back home. Sorry, though, that I will miss the Reggae artist on Saturday. The Tiki Bar features live entertainment from Thursday through Saturday.

We are staying at "Crane's Beach House and Tiki Bar" and it is really nice. We head to Vero Beach mid-afternoon Saturday, but, I hope it is less windy there.

By the way, the local surf shop features Donavon Frankenreiter's swim fashions and accessories. Donavon also just happens to be an Aussie Ukulele Player. I'll see if I can connect with him and get an imterview for a coming issue of Ukulele Player.

It's just as windy here in pompano and always wrecks havoc when am
attempting to record. where i live when it's windy it's quite noisy.

Welcome to the area - hope you enjoy your time here.

G

Aloha Mickey,
woo hoo have a great time and give us more of details of your florida trip....sounds like a doozy..Have fun and enjoy...

Last edited:
You got there in time for Tropical Storm Sandy (interesting name for a storm that might mess up the beaches). Stay safe!

Good time to beachcomb though. Greeings and welcome from your Northern Space Coast Neighbor. Nice Saturday AM market in Central Vero Beachside in case you aren't familiar with it.

Good time to beachcomb though. Greeings and welcome from your Northern Space Coast Neighbor. Nice Saturday AM market in Central Vero Beachside in case you aren't familiar with it.

Last time in Vero Beach, they were having a street fair. We are most likely too early for that. We are going to be back home in Ohio on the 31st. Jake plays in Delray Beach November 2nd. Sorry to say we will miss him. :(

Looks like Sandy is going to run up the coast and make landfall somewhere between North Carolina and New Jersey. We will see 50MPH winds tomorrow as the storm moves through. Friday could result in sunshine according to some local meteorologists. We'll wait and see. Being "stuck" at Crane's Beach House with two ukuleles and my computer, Blackberry Playbook, digital video camcorder, and a week's worth of cloths is not a big disappointment for me. So, I'll play a lot of music and make the most of it.

Of course... tonights "live music" at the Tiki Bar will probably be a bust.

Top Bottom