Buying "old" ukuleles?

Linho

Reaction score
Hi,

is it a good idea to buy a ukulele that probably lay more than a year unplayed in a stockroom in the shop? According to the serial number it's from August 2011, brandnew and unplayed.

Dan this badly influence the instrument?

Should I rather buy a really brand new instrument?

Thanks!! :D

Don't see what problem there should be - the store should still give you a warranty anyway.

If anything, it's probably better, things will have settled down, and strings will probably stay in tune better. I have one that must have been in stock for a while and it barely needs tuning from week to week.

I also don't know which problems could arise, that's why I ask the community here. :)

Thanks for your answers. Good to read a over-a-year-stocking-in-shop doesn't influence a ukulele badly. Yes, both of price and uke are ok. :)

In many ways instruments tend to be like fine wines, they get better with age (well as long as they are taken care of and not abused). Some of the best sounding ukuleles are Martins from the 1920's and 30's.

Yeah, I read a lot about old Martins. You're all right, I think I gonna buy this baby. ;)

Top Bottom