New bandsaw, giving away old one

Bradford

Reaction score
Just got a new toy for the shop. It is nice to able to resaw one piece tops and backs for tenors and concert now. My old saw could only do that for sopranos. As my shop too small for two bandsaws, I am giving away my old 12" to anyone to lives close enough and wants it. It comes with three new blades. If interested, PM me or call at 206 369 0953. Here are some pics of the new saw and one piece myrtle top and back.

Brad

Attachments

• bs1 003.jpg
    bs1 003.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 128
  • bs1 004.jpg
    bs1 004.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 103
Wow, what a very generous gesture, Lot's of kudos to you.

thats an amazing this to do for someone! cool gesture!

Thanks guys, my old saw has been directly involved in creating hundreds of instruments and is capable of doing hundreds more. My new saw is not near as fancy as a Laguna 20, I do not want to rewire my shop for 220 VAC, it is a little 14" one, but can resaw up to 14". It went through the myrtle easily using a 3/4" wide Timber Wolf blade.

Brad

Kinda looks like the 14" Rikon. I'd love to have one of those.

I hope it is another luthier who gets the old saw - I'm sure there's lots of good instrument karma in it! But I confess, I keep two bandsaws set up, one for resawing and one for curves/general cuts. I guess I don't like changing blades.

Nice Brad, I have seen the shop and yes it is small and it also blows me away at what comes out of such a small shop. If I had room I would take it for a second one but I have had two, an 18 inch jet and a 14 inch jet and I seemed to use the 14 more and only did large re-sawing on the larger one. For who ever is looking it is one the best older Craftsman saw made. If it sets to long without a home I might go get it. Also its been a long time for me being gone from UU and my own shop. Been working long and hard hours and just this week got to slow down. Missed this place and building. Hope to see ya soon Brad.

Brad - if you still have the saw I'll take it! I just got the benchtop model, but your old one is a better option...I could resell the benchtop one and use those funds to afford a better sander! We'll actually be in Cannon Beach on Saturday if you're around...

Bbycrts dropped by yesterday and picked up the saw. I am very happy that it went to a good home and will be used to make more ukuleles.

Brad

Bbycrts dropped by yesterday and picked up the saw. I am very happy that it went to a good home and will be used to make more ukuleles.

Brad

Thanks, Brad, for all you've done to help mentor me in my new hobby - can't wait to resaw that first side with the new saw! (and then, most likely, resaw the second, third, and fourth ones as I mess up and work my way over the learning curve!)

Top Bottom