Ukulele and Stress Reduction

mendel

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted for a while. I have been dealing with some things in my life that have been extremely stressful for me and stressful on my family. As a result, the stress just overwhelmed me and I am ashamed to admit it, based on my signature line, I stopped playing my Ukes for a while. I was so overwhelmed that there was just no music in my life anymore.

It reached a tipping point a few days ago when the wife and I had a serious discussion about our future together and I realized that regardless of the stressors we are facing now, everyone is healthy and that eventually these issues will resolve themselves.

I decided that even though I was still feeling stressed out and unhappy, I had to pick myself up, for the good of my marriage and my son, and dust myself off again.

I picked up my "Hugs and Kisses" Uke and started to play again. In a way, it really reminded me of what I have in my life that is irreplaceable. I guess it kind of saved me. Just wanted to share. I hope that all of you are doing well and that life is bringing you each fortune and happiness.

Mendel

Thank you for that honest and encouraging word, Mendel.

Will keep you and your family in prayer as you work things out.

I'm glad you had something to fall back on to bring you up and out,
so to speak. Our little ukuleles and the songs we sing and play
can provide us with some good things to consider during our down
times.

My prayer for you and your family is that issues will be laid bare and
resolved by both you and your wife re-committing to each other and
to your marriage for the sake of your son and to become a blessing
to each other and to anyone else who may know of your stresses.

Receive a blessing... and be one to others :)

keep uke'in',

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Glad things are improving and you are enjoying your uke again. Take care.

Hi Mendel. Hope all gets resolved and you get back to strumming again. It sounds like your on the right road
Take care

Thanks guys! I appreciate the well wishes. More than anything, I just needed to thank all of you. Although I dont post as often as I used to, I lurk almost daily and you guys are a wonderful source of inspiration for me on a daily basis. I appreciate each of you.

Rich

good luck and best wishes to you and your family,
happy strumming
atb wallyboy

Thank you for that honest and encouraging word, Mendel.

Will keep you and your family in prayer as you work things out.

I'm glad you had something to fall back on to bring you up and out,
so to speak. Our little ukuleles and the songs we sing and play
can provide us with some good things to consider during our down
times.

My prayer for you and your family is that issues will be laid bare and
resolved by both you and your wife re-committing to each other and
to your marriage for the sake of your son and to become a blessing
to each other and to anyone else who may know of your stresses.

Receive a blessing... and be one to others :)

keep uke'in',

+1 couldn't have been said any better.

Aloha Mendel,
Sorry to hear about your family issues...at least you are making an early effort to resolve those issues..I think family is formost way more the ukes and UU...
Wish and Pray well things work out for you bruddah....glad to see you post again, even under these sad circumstances....things will get better if you work on
them and be positive...Good Luck and God' Bless...

Nothing is more important than family - I wish I'd discovered that a lot earlier in life...

As for the uke being a stress reliever - that's absolutely true for me. I'll never be a "professional musician," though I do play in a band and have for years. But, first and foremost music for me is for stress relief. And, the curious thing about stress relievers - if you use them before you get stressed out they are much more effective! :)

John

I do agree that the uke is a stress reliever, but then, at least for me, I feel that I get so stressed out that I don't even feel like I can even grab a uke to play it. Does that ever happen? The last time I think I played the uke was maybe two weeks ago at Kids Club, and then again last night after fixing my niece's Dolphin, and then again last night at kids club. Every time I play, I feel like the stress fizzles away. I agree with Oldephart... it works best before getting too stressed.

Dan

mendel, sorry to hear about your issues, I sure hope things work out for you in time. I'm glad your ukes are helping you out. My instruments have always been my "go to", when I'm feeling down or just want to escape. We all need something to help us through the tough times.

Top Bottom