Kala Mahogany Tenor?

Italian2510

Reaction score
Does anybody have any opinions on this uke? It looks really nice, and I haven't seen an amplified uke for this cheap yet. But then again, I'm only a beginner, so do you guys have any opinions on it? It would be a big step up from the souvenir uke I currently play, but I don't think I'm ready to spend a fourtune on a uke (especially with the economy nowadays). Yet I still want a quality uke. Here's the link: http://www.georges-ukes.com/Kala-Mahogany-Tenor-Ukulele-w-EQ/M/B001736A0S.htm

Kala's are always good. Don't expect the sound to be stellar, but yes it will be a step up from a souvenir, and a good beginner instrument. The electronics probably won't be great though, usually Kala uses cheaper electronics.

For a little more though, you could get one with a solid top from MGM

I have the KA-T Tenor, mine is not the electric version and I think it sounds pretty good after I strung it with D'Addario Pro Arte' Tenor strings even the guy at my Uke store said he was impressed with the sound for not being a solid Mahogany (and he sells 1500$ Ukes too).

It plays well and is LOUD... it has a deep boomy voice unlike my solid Spruce top, Maple body Tenor that sounds like a giant Soprano (high tone).

Last edited:
I have a Kala KA-T Mahogany, and I love it. I don't have any electronics though.

I love mine.

I have a Kala KA-T, through MGM on eBay. Love it. Aquila strings. Responsive, solid mahogany top. You can be comfortable buying one!

Top Bottom