Thread: beginner, should i get this uke?

Default beginner, should i get this uke?

Its a Lanikai LU-21C Concert Ukulele(Rosewood Fretboard) and its 79.99
    I only borrowed my friends uke but i really liked it and i want to get into it now, i was wondering if this was a good uke to buy and start out with. his was a tenor but i tried a concert and it seemed like the right one for me...anything i should know while buying this uke? And is this uke a good quality uke for its price, or could i find a better deal somehwere else...ive been barely able to find any around for under 100...ive been looking for 40 dollar ones but cant really find any...
    heres the link
    http://folk-instruments.musiciansfri...ele?sku=512521

my advice--- YES!!! i got pretty much the same Uke but in Black as my first uke. it was the best decision i ever made. it was something in the pricerange i was looking for, sounded pretty good and if i ever figured i didnt want to play it anymore it wasnt too expensive of a thing jsut to have lying around my house.

i suggest this uke for a first uke. i loved mine. also, if you think it may sound a little bad or not what you are looking for, just change the strings and hopefully you'll get the sound you want. i would recommend the strings from the UkuleleUnderground Store.

when it comes to the quality of the uke. i have bought another since buying the Lanikai but the Lanikai is still in prefect condition sounds great plays great, looks cool, was affordable, i can take it anywhere, and i love the concert size.

so coming from some1 who bought that uke in black.. i say YES!!!
    Life is a Journey..... Dont forget your road tunes

ahh forgot one thing... only difference is the one i got was 30 more bucks and accoustic/electric.. but i love it to death.. hope this helps
    Life is a Journey..... Dont forget your road tunes

hi,
    ive just borrowed one of those off my mate, coz i need more frets. ive got a soprano uke. i totally agree qith squash. this is a nice instrument, it doesnt cos tthat much to buy and it sounds great. Id go for it if you havent already.

Lanakai are pretty good beginner ukes,some are better than others,but a pretty good value.I'd put some nice strings on it if you decide to buy that one,it will improve the sound and you will enjoy it even more.

Ive got that uke, and love it! It sounds awsome for the price, and it comes with fairly good strings. The only complaint i have is that it could be louder, but for a first uke its great

thanks for all the replies guys..ill probably start saving up to get this one or see if they have any on sale at a local music store...sam ash or guitar center...anyone know if they sell any good beginner ukes there?

Thread Information