Right, that's the body almost finished...

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Time to start on the neck.

Lucky I had plenty of ones and zeroes left over.

body.jpg

Last edited:
Time to start on the neck.

Lucky I had plenty of ones and zeroes left over.

View attachment 45281

Wow very nice..it looks like the finish is already on the body..how about the neck etc..i see no holes or dovetail on it?keep sending pictures..looks good

Looks good.

Hmmm ones and zeros could be money or could be binary code. He does like his computer things.:D

Last edited:
Wow, very pretty...
... or is that a computer-generated pic?

Bingo!

I've had this idea for a Uke design in my head for months. I wanted to see what it'd actually look like if I had it built (if I could find someone to actually build it). I can't draw for s**t, so I thought I'd model it, that way I can arse around with materials, tuners, bridge, inlays, binding etc, without spending a silly amount of money.

I also wanted to see what a Uke would look like with a cutaway and an upper bout in a similar style to the old Aria PE range of guitars, where there's a smooth curve all the way through, and a particular design of headstock that I have in mind.

Sorry if I confused anyone, I figured you'd suss it straight away with my previous form :)

Where were you two months ago when I was trying to visualise my own custom uke! My wife asked if there was any sort of programme I could use to mock one up like wemdid with the IKEA kitchen modeller.

Doh!

Bingo!

I've had this idea for a Uke design in my head for months. I wanted to see what it'd actually look like if I had it built (if I could find someone to actually build it). I can't draw for s**t, so I thought I'd model it, that way I can arse around with materials, tuners, bridge, inlays, binding etc, without spending a silly amount of money.

I also wanted to see what a Uke would look like with a cutaway and an upper bout in a similar style to the old Aria PE range of guitars, where there's a smooth curve all the way through, and a particular design of headstock that I have in mind.

Sorry if I confused anyone, I figured you'd suss it straight away with my previous form :)

Where were you two months ago when I was trying to visualise my own custom uke! My wife asked if there was any sort of programme I could use to mock one up like wemdid with the IKEA kitchen modeller.Doh!
unfortunately there's about 6 years training and 4k worth of software gone into that.

Top Bottom