Thread: kala tie dye ukulele ?

Default kala tie dye ukulele ?

hey everyone

For christmas i am thinking of getting a kala tie dye ukulele...does anyone have a review for this uke and any opinions wheather i should get it or not?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...FKXG0QXv8IGABA

And are there any other funky soprano ukes out there?

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with Kala. One of my first ukes and still one of my favorites for every day play. http://www.victorlitz.com/p-3406-kal...kastiedye.aspx
    I don't work for this place but have bought from them and this is a great sale. 88bucks!

This is from their ukadelic line. I can tell you that whenever I go to Sam Ash to fool around with their ukes, I always think about buying the Americana Ukadelic. But then I play it, and quickly put it back. Half of what you're paying is for the graphics.
    Fleas/Flukes have great graphics and by all accounts sound a ton better than the particular Kala you're looking at.
    Sopranos: Mainland Red Cedar, Koalana, bruceweiart
    Concerts: KoAloha

I just ordered a Tie Dye Flea the other day.

Waiting patiently for NUD...

Scooter

http://www.ukulelecorner.org.uk/home.../kala-ukedelic here is a link to the one that lives at Ukulele corner. I really should right a better review there but to be honest its not that much better than a Makala Dolphin to play or sound wise (but it does look quite spectacular) for the same sort of money you could get a Mainland Gecko or a Luna Tattoo, both of which also look good and are i my opinion better sounding
    My Ukulele's all live in Ukulele Corner
    home.ukulelecorner.co.uk

I have a Tie Dye Kala, and it is great looking in person. Not the best sounding Kala I have. For novelty, the Kala Kiwi I have sounds much better. I actually prefer the Makala Dolphin with Aquila strings to the Kala Tie Dye. On some of these low end ukes, the quality control is a little loose. Sometimes getting a good one is hit or miss.

–Lori

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    I have a Tie Dye Kala, and it is great looking in person.

–Lori
    It also looks good as Uke of the Month on my calendar.
    Harold O.

www.HOPublishing.com
    www.WestHillsWood.com
    Just because shooting fish in a barrel is easy doesn't mean there are some fish that should remain unshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    I have a Tie Dye Kala, and it is great looking in person. Not the best sounding Kala I have. For novelty, the Kala Kiwi I have sounds much better. I actually prefer the Makala Dolphin with Aquila strings to the Kala Tie Dye. On some of these low end ukes, the quality control is a little loose. Sometimes getting a good one is hit or miss.

–Lori
    I agree with that. Also Lardy's comment about there being better sounding ukes. I've been happy enough with mine with aquila strings and luck I guess. These are just for fun and not for open mic.(;

Thread Information