Cover Art for Upcoming Book!

Craig

Reaction score
I got this from Hal Leonard today. I won't have the book in my hands for a few weeks yet. Just thought I'd share:

bookcover.jpg

Congratulation Craig! Let us know when it becomes available.
--G

That's cool, Craig! Authentic bow tie on the cover too!
-joe

Lovely, Craig. I'm looking forward to it.

Question: why tenor ukulele? Why not just " ukulele"?

Lovely, Craig. I'm looking forward to it.

Question: why tenor ukulele? Why not just " ukulele"?

Hey Coolkayaker1,

It's because one needs the neck length - I guess a concert would do - For a soprano, these arrangements would be nearly impossible.

I see. Thanks. I'm buying it for sure. Will it be on Amazon books? Thanks.

Yes it will be on Amazon. But if you buy it directly from me (same price with free gift), I'll actually make some money. Not that anyone gets rich playing ukulele. I just want to break even and to continue doing what I do. My web designer should have a page up for preorders within a day or two.

Thanks again for your support! Oh! Here's my site: http://ukulelecraig.com

Congrats Craig, wonderful news, it looks fab. I don't buy many of these books but this is certainly one I'm very interested in. All the very best with it mate.

Aloha Craig,
Congrats...cool man....thank you for offering to us directly....could you explain the content more please.....happy sales and continue to write more....

Aloha Craig,
Congrats...cool man....thank you for offering to us directly....could you explain the content more please.....happy sales and continue to write more....

Hi Stan,

The content is 10 arrangements from my two CDs that are written out in both standard notation and TAB. The book also comes with a CD so you can hear what the arrangements should sound like. It's not for the beginner nor an instructional book, outside of what one learns from playing the pieces. The songs are: Here, There and Everywhere, Here's That Rainy Day, Mona Lisa, Moon River, Honeysuckle Rose, Wave, What A Wonderful World, Till There Was You, Tenderly and When You Wish Upon A Star.

Thanks for supporting my music!
Craig

Congrats Craig. How would you compare your book to Lyle Ritz's chord solo books?

That's a difficult question! I don't have any of the chord graphs and all of the solos are for low G (his are for reentrant). I'd guess they're at the same level of difficulty? I'm not sure if I'm the one to make this evaluation. I believe in Lyle's book, he plays mostly the "head" or the main melody line through once. I have the entire pieces as I played them on my CDs with solos, etc.

Thanks for your interest!

That's a difficult question! I don't have any of the chord graphs and all of the solos are for low G (his are for reentrant). I'd guess they're at the same level of difficulty? I'm not sure if I'm the one to make this evaluation. I believe in Lyle's book, he plays mostly the "head" or the main melody line through once. I have the entire pieces as I played them on my CDs with solos, etc.

Thanks for your interest!
That explains enough. I'll be ordering one from you, for sure. Thanks!

Congratulations on the new book. I like your song list, too, so sign me up (I'll visit your website).

Clip-Ons are for those men who eat quiche! ;)

This has become part of San Francisco lore, but I've heard that it's a true story.

In a trial, the first attorney to speak, who had worn a bow tie to court every day, gave his closing argument and sat down. Opposing counsel got up and said "never trust an attorney who can't tie his own bow tie." While opposing counsel continued to make his closing argument, the bow-tied attorney untied his bow tie and then re-tied it, while the jury looked on. The guy with the bow tie won.

I was in law school at the time, and the day after I read this story, I went to Macy's, bought a tie-it-yourself bow tie, and learned how to tie it myself.

Last edited:
That explains enough. I'll be ordering one from you, for sure. Thanks!

Agree. What I don't get, though, is how the author doesn't get paid when sold on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. that seems unjust, given that hundreds of hours went into the making of this book.

I bought Hal Leonard Lil Revs 101 Licks book from Amazon rather than Rev, wanting the book and thinking it'd help Rev. Geez. Maybe I'm just putting Hal Leonard, whoever he is, on a gold plated toilet out in the Caribbean somewhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom