Thread: Hostess Song

Default Hostess Song

This is a song and slideshow about Hostess, makers of Zingers, Ho-Ho's, Twinkies and Sno Balls. Hopefully another company will start making some of the items in the future.

nice one !

"And I play dress up every Sunday and try to make the case for an invisible friend" PereBourik

No more SnowBalls...Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
    Keep on Uke'n!
    Jay
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JayUkulele/videos
    https://bandhub.com/ukulelejay#/collabs
    --------------------------------------------------
    "I only need just one more..." final last words to wife.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_knight_usa View Post
    No more SnowBalls...Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
    I never really liked SnoBalls because I don't care for coconut, but Ding Dongs were great!

I was fond of the Snowballs and the Dolly Madison Raspberry Zingers. Also occasionally a fruit pie. Dietary sins I occasionally consumed.

Some company(s) will buy the the more popular brands and recipes. So in the near future we'll see something like Little Debbie Twinkies.

What a lot of people don't realize is that many or the breads and other pastry snacks sold by chain stores was baked by Hostess. Walmart Bread buyers are probably shttn and gettin right now.

Overall, I'd normally rather have an apple than anything Hostess made.

BTW, that's a great song.
    •Bonanza Black Walnut Oreo #291
    •Framus 6197 Tenor
    •Gretsch G9470 Clarophone Banjo Ukulele
    •Hadean UKB22 UBass Zebrawood
    •Ibanez Uew10qm Ew Concert
    •Kala KA-S Soprano
    •Kala KA-SSTU-T Travel Tenor
    •Kay Soprano (Plastic Fretboard 1950s)
    •Koalana Soprano (first gen.)
    •Lanakai LB6-S Soprano Banjolele
    •Lanakai LQA-C Concert
    •Lanakai LU21T Tenor
    •Luna Tattoo Electric Concert
    •Outdoor Ukulele Black #35
    •Outdoor Ukulele Transparent
    •Werco Metal Necked Soprano
    •Zeynel Abidin Cumbus Ukulele

No more deep fried Twinkies! What will the KISS Coffee shops be without deep fried Twinkies?
    ---Tom---

Soprano, No Brand Name, Beginner Uke
    Soprano, Long Neck (Concert scale), KALA KS-SLNG
    Soprano, OHANA, SK-38
    Soprano, Long Neck (Concert scale), KoALOHA
    Concert, OHANA, CK-35G
    Tenor, OHANA, TK-80
    Soprano, GOLD TONE, Banjolele

Great song and vid.........odd that they are going bankrupt....I heard that they sold 6 million dollars worth of twinkies alone last year.

Great little ditty, Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by v30 View Post
    Great song and vid.........odd that they are going bankrupt....I heard that they sold 6 million dollars worth of twinkies alone last year.
    More of a Wonder (pun intended) that they lasted as long as they did. The grocery biz is, for the most part, a very low margin business and in their case they didn't keep up with the times and modernize their bakeries in the good years. They ended up competing with companies that were using a lot more automated equipment and therefore had far lower labor costs per production unit. (I saw one report that listed the average hourly salary of a Hostess brands dough mixer at $17/hr - that's basically an unskilled job that's been eliminated or scaled way back at more modern bakeries.)

If they'd rolled more of the profit back into infrastructure starting thirty or forty years ago they wouldn't have been so at the mercy of a single union to take them down. (Even the other unions were outraged at the bakers and whatnots union.)

One of their executives put it pretty well when asked about whether they expected competitors to pick up the equipment and restart production, putting most of the former employees back to work. "We might be able to sell some of the brands, but we've been looking for buyers for years and nobody wants these old plants or the people that operate them."

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

I just read an article where Hostess and the union are still trying to work it out. The song could be irrelevant in less than a week!
    Last edited by GaryC1968; 11-19-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Thread Information