Pono -MBD - Mahogany Baritone Deluxe with Oahu Hard Case - $425

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem submitting a photo of the baritone with a date and since its important to you I will do so still I don't see why that's important?
View attachment 45750
Hi George, it's really for your own benefit as a new seller on the board, and for the benefit of potential buyers. It helps gain the trust of members/customers who may not otherwise know you; "proof" if you will that what is being advertised is actually your personal instrument and in your possession. Meant to be a kind of safety net to mitigate deception and/or fraud. Not a hard-and-fast rule but certainly of benefit for someone in your position as a new seller here.

coolkayaker1 with the mentality you stated in your first sentence it would appear you are in agreement with a wrecked car and a car with a small scratch are the same thing. One thing we have established in this thread is that Pono has high standards. How high I don't know but its high enough to were I cannot find anything wrong with my baritone since my statement is meaningless for you (as you stated above) I'll leave it there. I have no problem submitting a photo of the baritone with a date and since its important to you I will do so still I don't see why that's important?
View attachment 45750

I'm so tired of this thread I may have to shoot myself to prevent myself from responding again, but I couldn't let go the comparison of a wrecked car to a car with a scratch. My point, which seems to have been missed, is that a car that was in a minor accident and has been repaired to the point that a potential seller "cannot find a mark on it" is still NOT the same thing as a new car just off the lot. I stand by my suggestion earlier that your comparison of your asking price for an ukulele you know is a factory second to the asking price by a reputable retailer of an ukulele that is NOT a factory second is misleading. Period. Compare apples to apples. You ought to have compared your asking price to the retail asking price of OTHER factory seconds. If you don't get this, I'm simply going to ignore all of the threads you start in the Marketplace as a way of protecting myself as a consumer.

Eugene, thanks for the clarification.

I'm so tired of this thread I may have to shoot myself to prevent myself from responding again, but I couldn't let go the comparison of a wrecked car to a car with a scratch. My point, which seems to have been missed, is that a car that was in a minor accident and has been repaired to the point that a potential seller "cannot find a mark on it" is still NOT the same thing as a new car just off the lot. I stand by my suggestion earlier that your comparison of your asking price for an ukulele you know is a factory second to the asking price by a reputable retailer of an ukulele that is NOT a factory second is misleading. Period. Compare apples to apples. You ought to have compared your asking price to the retail asking price of OTHER factory seconds. If you don't get this, I'm simply going to ignore all of the threads you start in the Marketplace as a way of protecting myself as a consumer.
Good idea. As I have stated before, which you obviously do not believe, when I priced this piece I was NOT aware it was a second. I only realize it was a second when I saw the enlarge photo I had submitted with the ad. Since you don't believe me its pointless to labor the issue. One thing I do agree with is buying retail and buying from a private party are two different issues but not necessarily in the quality of the instrument; I see noting difference in quality and I have other pono's with and without a 2 on the label. The difference comes in 1. Pono offers a life time warrenty on new Pono's and 2. continued customer support after the sale. That is were the value is and as I have stated always consider buying retail. On the other hand, if you want to save a couple of hundred dollars, buy mine.

coolkayaker1 with the mentality you stated in your first sentence it would appear you are in agreement with a wrecked car and a car with a small scratch are the same thing. I have no problem submitting a photo of the baritone with a date and since its important to you I will do so still I don't see why that's important?
Would you consider a neck that needed to be reset just a scratch? Because you have no idea that wasn't the problem with your uke. I don't know if that's what was wrong with mine because mine is scratch free, but I don't care since I paid less for a uke knowing that was a possibility. I wasn't privy to the issues my uke had before Pono fixed it up and I'm pretty sure you weren't. So lets not assume it was a scratch. It could have been, but you don't know for sure.

Good luck with your endeavors here.

Last edited:
Would you consider a neck that needed to be reset just a scratch? Because you have no idea that wasn't the problem with your uke. I don't know if that's what was wrong with mine because mine is scratch free, but I don't care since I paid less for a uke knowing that was a possibility. I wasn't privy to the issues my uke had before Pono fixed it up and I'm pretty sure you weren't. So lets not assume it was a scratch. It could have been, but you don't know for sure.

Good luck with your endeavors here.
The point is neither do you. Nor anyone else for that matter. Pono states their ukuleles new or second are inperfect working order, I for one believe them. And the ponos I have prove that out.

Ladies and gentlemen, I started this post two days agoand since then it has been viewed over 1500 times and has over 40 replies. During that period I have with stood as witheringan attack as has probably ever been seen before on this web site and I am stillstanding. It is my intention to continueto run my ad and to continue to respond to any and all questions. Simply put, if you post you are going to geta reply. When I originally submitted thispost, as stated many times, I was unaware I was posting a second but since thatis a fact, I have decided to lower my price to $375. At that price I am still making a smallprofit but that is as low as I can go. Iawait your future posts with great interest I only ask that you try and beoriginal in your questions and comments, repeating the same thing over and overagain can get boring.

1geo, although I may not agree with what, how, or why you are posting, I do feel you have seen more than your fair share of flak for this and other posts.
I have followed your posts since you started here and I don't think you should be put through the ringer because of how you want to do business especially, since it's clear you are unwavering in your methods. I don't think you are trying to mislead anyone either.
Anyways, for what it's worth, I support you as an individual on this forum because I believe it is the diverse community of members who make it special. Thanks for bringing some character to this forum.

The Baritone is just to large for me. This MBD with Oahu hard case costs $687 on “The Ukulele Site” I’m asking $425 plus actual shippingcosts.

I have decided to lower my price to $375. At that price I am still making a smallprofit but that is as low as I can go.
Might I ask where you are buying your instruments that you can still make a "profit" selling at your discounted prices?

Might I ask where you are buying your instruments that you can still make a "profit" selling at your discounted prices?

I seriously doubt that's any of your business, nor should it have any bearing on the sale of this instrument. The original poster's only mistake was in being too verbose in his own defense. It seems like every time he tried to explain something it would be picked to pieces for the sport of it. I don't think I've ever seen such a case of "piling on" here on UU.

Good idea. As I have stated before, which you obviously do not believe, when I priced this piece I was NOT aware it was a second. I only realize it was a second when I saw the enlarge photo I had submitted with the ad. Since you don't believe me its pointless to labor the issue. One thing I do agree with is buying retail and buying from a private party are two different issues but not necessarily in the quality of the instrument; I see noting difference in quality and I have other pono's with and without a 2 on the label. The difference comes in 1. Pono offers a life time warrenty on new Pono's and 2. continued customer support after the sale. That is were the value is and as I have stated always consider buying retail. On the other hand, if you want to save a couple of hundred dollars, buy mine.

Geo,

I have read my pm again and you have been very consistent in what you are telling everyone. One thing I would like to point out is that Geo has stated that he has several Pono Baritones and that this one was purchased from a private party. That means that he could have purchased another one thru ebay. I was confused in thinking that he purchased this one from ebay yet trying to tell a diff't story. He never said that so I apologize for making that assumption.
What he paid for the one for sale, who cares as it's his choice. Me thinking it was the same uke and Geo telling me to make prices public made me want to share my personal experience with Pono.

Let's show the aloha spirit (whatever that means) to every seller and hopefully every seller reciprocates.

I am not trying to support you as you don't need my support as you have clearly stated. What I support is that the marketplace will dictate the price of every item.

ok gang, this thread is a train wreck. It is pointless to continue this fight here. More generally, as members we need to be aware of what this thread is potentially doing to the reputation of our marketplace.

George, at your own determination, I invite you to relist this instrument for sale in a new thread, listing the specs, photos etc and making the full disclosures you have become aware of since your original posting several days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom