Recently completed Taropatch Uke

Now I understand ..I think :D

Taropatch
Taropatch.jpg

hahahhaha- I love waking up to a Timbuck joke

Oh man...you're going to start me thinking about building a taropatch now. I thought I was over that bug.
That looks really sweet.

Yes, it is Concert scale, 14-3/4". The body size is my standard "Dias" which is larger than a Martin soprano, but smaller than a Martin Concert, I use it for both soprano & concert scale.
This one is tuned GCEA all strings in unison. I've seen the C with an octave string, but not here. The owner is going to use it fCFA, an alternate tuning.
There was a thread about Cuban Mahogany recently. I think it is interesting how different this Mahogany (Pelau) is from that grown in Cuba or the US. Here's two pics of the difference.

taro%20fin%205.JPG

finished%20mini%202.JPG

I have always been under the impression that the difference between an 8 string uke and a taropatch is that a taropatch is concert size......sometimes with a short scale neck.

If anyone's interested in the sound of this particular one, here's a sample, really a very easy playing uke.

If anyone's interested in the sound of this particular one, here's a sample, really a very easy playing uke.

:drool: Awwwwwwwww, now I "have to" have one. Just saw a Martin sell for over $1500 on the bay....never going to pay that kind of money for one. This is an awesome little sucker

Thank you both, but Phil.... no one would think twice about paying 1500 for a nice guitar. Just sayin'...

Priced a good saxophone lately?!?! Yeesh!

Top Bottom