Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uke Lesson 12 - Let It Snow

Default Uke Lesson 12 - Let It Snow

Hey everyone! December's episode of Uke Lessons is now up! (Haha, I know, we're two days early - but we've got the holiday spirit!)

Uke Lesson 12 - Let It Snow

plus a Play-Along version of the entire song (with lyrics and chords!):
    http://www.viddler.com/explore/ukeun...und/videos/92/

Hope you guys like it! Please let us know what you think. There are a couple of things that are different between the lesson and play-along (can you find them?) - so if you have any questions, just ask!
    Last edited by anaka; 01-20-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks ryan, imma play this for my family >_<

Quote Originally Posted by anaka View Post
    Hey everyone! December's episode of Uke Lessons is now up! (Haha, I know, we're two days early - but we've got the holiday spirit!)

Uke Lesson 12 - Let It Snow

plus a Play-Along version of the entire song (with lyrics and chords!):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxq58RPhBPw

Hope you guys like it! Please let us know what you think. There are a couple of things that are different between the lesson and play-along (can you find them?) - so if you have any questions, just ask!
    Excellent stuff! I was hoping I could learn something like this for the time I get back home from uni for Christmas, it's a good song and easy to learn so thank guys. I particularly like Aldrine's hat.

Awesome lesson, and great for the holidays.

I just wanted to register and post to ask that you do the play-along video for all your lessons! It's extremely helpful to hear how you progress from the chords to the picking part and back and the words at the same time.

Good job Dub-A-Ron. Working overtime with the play along. Above and beyond the call.
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

nice work, but I've got a question about that Abdim chord: I'd prefer to play it with the index finger as barre on the 1st chord, so I just have to use three instead of four fingers, but I could practice to do the 4 finger version as well... I only wonder if it's better to minimize the amount of fingers used for a chord...

Quote Originally Posted by HaileISela View Post
    nice work, but I've got a question about that Abdim chord: I'd prefer to play it with the index finger as barre on the 1st chord, so I just have to use three instead of four fingers, but I could practice to do the 4 finger version as well... I only wonder if it's better to minimize the amount of fingers used for a chord...
    HaileISela - that's a good point! It's totally up to you - whatever feels the most comfortable. I actually think that barring the first fret for the Abdim is a really good idea, because it's a lot easier to transition to the C7 that follows.

And if you do hold the Abdim with four fingers, I find that it's a little easier to transition to C7 if you hold the C7 using your middle finger instead of your pointer finger.

Anyone else have a take on this?

Thankyou Ukulele Underground!!!

Had a great time playing along with you Aldrine

we should do it again sometime

haha... "brown santa"...

that Aldrine Guerrero

Happy Holidays!!
    "If you try dying, you die trying." ~ John Su

Smile

Hello guys,
    firstable: I'm totally new here and my English is not the best one (I come from Germany)

I've got a question.
    Where are the chords for "Let it snow?"

It was pretty easy to learn the picking by heart, but I've got some problems to learn the chords, so I would like to read them..

Thank you already.

Ribbity

Default yayy

omg aldrine the bloopers always crack me up!!
    "it's like an interchanging shaka thing."
    "i must be the brownest santa ever!"
    lol

great lesson! i wanted to learn this song so bad. it's like you read my mind!

Thread Information