Bargain Tube Amp!

buddhuu

Super Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
I bought one of these a couple of weeks back. They are VERY low priced for a tube amp.

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Belcat-Tube-20R-Guitar-Amp/AUMI

It's basically very nearly a clone of a Fender Blues Junior. A 20 watt all tube combo with a 12" Celestion speaker, spring reverb and a standby switch. Nice chrome control panel with vintage style chicken-head knobs. There's bass, mid and treble EQ, master volume and a footswitchable gain boost.

Tubes are 3 x 12AX7 in pre and 2 x EL84 in power.

The amp has a fairly dark tone overall, and PLENTY of volume. I've not tried it on-stage yet, but I'd guess that the volume is easily up to gigging with a drummer.

I really like it.

Belcat.jpg

Very nice Buddhuu!! Now your talking my game. I just bought a 2004 Gibson Les Paul Jr tube amp 2 weeks ago.
I've got a 59 Gibson GA-18T Explorer and 59 Gibson GA-8 Gibsonette, a 71 Fender Princeton Reverb and 78 Fender Vibro Champ and a newer Fender Champion 600 that I had the Frommel mod done and changed out the 6in fender speaker to an 8in Weber Alnico. Their all tube amps. In the past few years I sold a 59 Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman and 69 Fender Super Reverb and a 94 Fender Tweed Blues Deluxe. I wish like heck I would have kept the ones I sold. I love tube amps especially the vintage ones. The more the merrier!

Last edited:
Nice gear!

At the end of the 1970s I had a Vox AC30 - between that one and this all my amps have been solid state. I always swore I'd get another tube amp when I could afford it. I'd pretty much accepted that might never happen when these came along. I just sold some instruments, so I had a few quid. With a bit of negotiating I got a great deal and so I'm back in the land of tube warmth for the first time in decades! :)

How's the Belcat working out Buddhuu? I've tried going to the link you posted several times but it won't come up. It's got to be nice being that it's a tube amp. I haven't heard many that are bad.

Try this one: http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Belcat-Tube-20R-Guitar-Amp/AUM

It's great. I can't believe how inexpensive they are. When you crank the volume up the tone brightens up a little, but remains warm and rich. I still haven't dared blast it at max volume because of the neighbours. I'm really looking forward to gigging this amp. I really, really like it.

I'm sorted for amplification for the foreseeable future. I have this for electric guitar and my 50w Marshall acoustic combo for acoustic guitar, mandolin and 'ukulele. The Belcat will mic up for larger venues and the Marshall has line and DI outs. For the first time in ages I am content with the gear I have. :)

Top Bottom