Thread: Lanikai SZW-C $149 at Musician's Friend

Default Lanikai SZW-C $149 at Musician's Friend

Post Deleted
    Last edited by Captain Simian; 06-13-2014 at 06:08 PM.

dhoenisch Guest

Saw that. If I didn't just spend more money than I had to get my stupid car fixed, AND if it didn't have a slotted headstock (don't care for them), I'd jump on it. Heck, at that price, if I had the money, I could probably overlook the slotted headstock. Some folks will end up with a nice uke.

Dan

Please check out their return policy before buying. The Lanikai Exotic series' factory QA leaves lots to be desired. I bought the monkey pod version and the first one I got has a big knot in the wood with a crack in it. It should never have left the factory. The second one I got was fine and one of my favorite players.

Good luck and hope you get a good one.

Post Deleted
    Last edited by Captain Simian; 06-13-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Musician's Friend has a good return policy. Do be advised that the uke will almost certainly need to be set up and those Lanikai solid ukes are rather variable; like most anything in that price range some will be good-sounding and some will be a bit wimpy. Still, at that price, if you can do your own setup or know someone who can do it for you, that's a pretty decent deal.
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

They also have the tenor at the same price, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk-...-tenor-ukulele
    Koaloha Tenor (low G)
    Islander Tenor
    Lanikai LU-21
    Flea soprano
    Kohala Concert for guests in the Kihei rental condo

I agree with OldePhart the set up on Lanikais right out of the box can be iffy, but I bought one of these a while back and it's a very nice player, could use a little fine tuning on the set up but not bad out of the box. I thought I got a pretty good deal on mine but this is even better. And yes the Stupid Deal of the Day is for today only.
    Bettah dan poi, Bettah dan pig, Wendel's laulaus frikin big!

Sold out.......................

^^^^
    Tenor still available...
    I have more ukes than I need, but not as many as I want.

Thread Information