Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FAKE nails.. tips and tricks

Quote Originally Posted by acabooe View Post
    I just grow the nails on my right hand long.
    But do what works for you.

Acabooe
    that's the best way. Also, I would be made fun of with fake nails.

I met B.B. Shawn (Blind Boy shawn) when he was playing uke for Ka'au Crater Boys... when I shook his hand, I noticed his whole right hand was fake nails... I was like... brah you GENIOUS!!!

couldn't really see it when he was on stage... honestly it didn't even matter. If you heard him jam, you'd FREAK OUT... and probably say... I just need to retire! LOL
    `><((((> Joey Jr `><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJr858 View Post
    I met B.B. Shawn (Blind Boy shawn) when he was playing uke for Ka'au Crater Boys... when I shook his hand, I noticed his whole right hand was fake nails... I was like... brah you GENIOUS!!!

couldn't really see it when he was on stage... honestly it didn't even matter. If you heard him jam, you'd FREAK OUT... and probably say... I just need to retire! LOL
    the WHOLE hand?

Lol, I just posted this on another thread...

aLaska picks: http://www.alaskapik.com/

These are removable, customizable, and cheap. Plus, they are durable (my guitar teacher has had the same set for years).

~Valerie

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJr858 View Post

Yea, Troy Fernandez ran the acryllics too...it's not too uncommon actually

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post

These are removable, customizable, and cheap. Plus, they are durable (my guitar teacher has had the same set for years).

~Valerie
    I keep a set of these in my gig-bag along with a roll of that cotton-bandage-tape stuff to use if I break a nail. I use to tape to help keep em on and also to cover the slots on the top (without the tape I tend to snag the strings in the slot when I triple-strum)
    Last edited by Keonikapila; 04-24-2008 at 05:18 PM.

yeah, his whole right hand...

shoot... my wife's trippin that I wanna try it too. But yknow... makes for consistency? friggin nails... mainly my index and middle nails... when they break... FRICK BRAH!! So bummed till they grow back... LOL
    `><((((> Joey Jr `><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post

~Valerie
    Actually Pipa players use this kind of pick!!!!!!!!!
    check it out in you tube!!!!!!!!
    search: pipa
    Praise the ukulele!!!

Default Uke Player That Used Fake Nail Sets Vs. Professionally Done

You could try a set from your local drug store that sells these fake nail sets. The only difference I found using the fake nail set from actually getting them done professionally was that the cheap set will break faster than the professionally done one!! I use to have one my friends girlfriend do them for me cause I was to embaressed to get them done in a beauty shop!! It also depends on how hard you pick!! But let me tell it works!! The picking sounds alot different...cleaner, crisper and loud. I think the cheap set I use to use was like Lee Press On Nails and some other generic brand. The glue is the same as super glue. Use to use them on my pointer, middle and thumb.

Hope this helps!!

Happy Playing!!
    "Ua Mau Ke Ea O Ka UKULELE I Ka Pono" ........
    "The Life Of The UKULELE Is Perpetuated In Righteousness"

O wau kou inoa? Kainoa kou inoa.

http://www.easyukulele.com

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    that's the best way. Also, I would be made fun of with fake nails.
    i wouldn't ever put fake nails on because.. doesn't seem normal to me for a guy to wear fake nails.. but i guess its like "a girl color is pink" its not, girls just happen to wear it more.

I wouldn't be made fun of.. everybody would tease the sh!t out of me for ever and ever.. i get teased for fileing(sp??) lmao my nails instead of cutting.

Growing your nails on the hand you strum with seems easier because i used to grow both but when i hold the strings down the nail sumtimes hits the string and makes a weird noise lol

i think it would look weird for a guy to be buying fake nails. but i didnt know that eating jello makes your nails and hair thicker. do you have to eat it often?
    "It`s great to want to be part of something, but it`s a different thing completely to believe wholly in some type of movement, and to give everything for that something."
    -Brandon Boyd, Incubus

Thread Information