Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just ordered a new ukulele!

Smile Just ordered a new ukulele!

I bought my first ukulele on a whim when I saw it for 50% off on Amazon. I'd wanted one for years and couldn't say no to the price. It is an adorable little Johnson Pineapple. I found out it wasn't exactly a quality instrument, but it was what I needed to realize I really enjoyed playing.

That ukulele arrived last Friday and now, less than a week later, I've ordered another one! After a lot of poking around on the internet and watching youtube videos, I settled on the Kala KA-CEM. It seems like the perfect beginner ukulele and, since I ordered it from Hawaii Music Supply, I'm excited about having a properly set up instrument.

Had to share here because I don't think any of my real life friends would get why I'm so excited! Whee!

Congrats on your latest move! Hooray! Pics when you get it!
    My Soprano Empire:
    VINTAGE MARTINS: c.'48 Martin 0
    OTHER VINTAGE: c30s Blue Favilla, c50 TV Pal, 30s Redhead
    MODERN MARTINS: OXK; 2012 2M
    KAMAKA: 2010 Pineapple (RIP MGM)

My Baritone Empire:
    '12 Kala KA-B, '69 Silvertone, c.'53-57 Favilla, c.'63 Martin, '11 Kamaka

STRUMTESTS//ADD to The STRING DATABASE and UKE CASE DATABASE // Take the NAME THAT MARTIN test.

Congrats. We're excited for you.

Congrats on the new Uke.

And

now

comes

the

wait.

Hope you don't go nuts checking the shipping tracker for updates (like I do)!

Yay! Ordering a uke is the most exciting thing, isn't it? It's a great feeling to know that even if our real-life friends don't "get it", there's a whole community of folks here who do, and who are always happy to share in your fun. I know how it is, too, because I did the same thing - ordered one from Amazon on a whim and was back in the market within a few days...and the rest is history!
    Kathryn

Thanks for sharing my excitement everyone. You are a very welcoming bunch!

And yes, the wait is already killing me.

Be careful! The joy of unwrapping a new uke that has just been delivered to you or you bought from a trustworthy store is highly addictive! It must be done slowly and deliberately.
    Chiun: It would be better for you to eat this can than what is inside of it. Why must everything in this country be coated with monositi-... monosoti...
    Remo Williams: Monosodium glutamate. You can't even say it.
    Chiun: I can say "rat droppings." That does not mean I want to eat them.

I'm about to do the same thing! Although I've only had my Lanikai Tenor for a few weeks, already I want to get a concert ukulele.
    I was almost jumping up & down with excitement when the Lanikai arrived, the delivery man loves customers who are so happy to see them.

Way to go! It's a slippery slope, isn't it?

Congrats on the new uke!

A slippery slope is an understatement. My first Uke was the Kala KA-TEM, and I LOVED it. Aquila strings, nice tone and good intonation. Of course, I purchased it from HMS and they set it up wonderfully. 2 months later, I knew the Ukulele was for me, or I was for it.....I make my way back to HMS and had a nice long conversation with Andrew. Result? I'm now the proud owner of the Pono Acacia Tenor Cutaway with Cedar top shown in my sig...click on it for details. Here's mine:

Front-of-Pono.jpg
    Pono3.jpg

I LOVE playing the Pono. I also love the Kala. I'm so stricken with UAS, it's embarrassing. Currently, I'm saving for a Mya-Moe Classic Tenor...........
    Last edited by Karasu; 01-02-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    Piano, Ocarina (here's one of mine), Clarinet (Buffet R13), Flute, Saxaphone, Oboe, English Horn, Trumpet/Piccolo Trumpet

And Now:

Kala KA-TEM Aquila Strings (high-g)
    Pono ATC Pro Classic Acacia Tenor w/ Cedar top Living Water Strings (high-g)
    Impatiently saving for a Mya-Moe Classic Tenor (hee-hee..*rubbing hands together*)

Thread Information