Just ordered a new ukulele!

teruterubouzu

Reaction score
I bought my first ukulele on a whim when I saw it for 50% off on Amazon. I'd wanted one for years and couldn't say no to the price. It is an adorable little Johnson Pineapple. I found out it wasn't exactly a quality instrument, but it was what I needed to realize I really enjoyed playing.

That ukulele arrived last Friday and now, less than a week later, I've ordered another one! After a lot of poking around on the internet and watching youtube videos, I settled on the Kala KA-CEM. It seems like the perfect beginner ukulele and, since I ordered it from Hawaii Music Supply, I'm excited about having a properly set up instrument.

Had to share here because I don't think any of my real life friends would get why I'm so excited! Whee!

Congrats on your latest move! Hooray! Pics when you get it!

Congrats on the new Uke.

And

now

comes

the

wait.

Hope you don't go nuts checking the shipping tracker for updates (like I do)!

Yay! Ordering a uke is the most exciting thing, isn't it? It's a great feeling to know that even if our real-life friends don't "get it", there's a whole community of folks here who do, and who are always happy to share in your fun. I know how it is, too, because I did the same thing - ordered one from Amazon on a whim and was back in the market within a few days...and the rest is history!

Thanks for sharing my excitement everyone. You are a very welcoming bunch!

And yes, the wait is already killing me.

Be careful! The joy of unwrapping a new uke that has just been delivered to you or you bought from a trustworthy store is highly addictive! It must be done slowly and deliberately.

I'm about to do the same thing! Although I've only had my Lanikai Tenor for a few weeks, already I want to get a concert ukulele.
I was almost jumping up & down with excitement when the Lanikai arrived, the delivery man loves customers who are so happy to see them.

A slippery slope is an understatement. My first Uke was the Kala KA-TEM, and I LOVED it. Aquila strings, nice tone and good intonation. Of course, I purchased it from HMS and they set it up wonderfully. 2 months later, I knew the Ukulele was for me, or I was for it.....I make my way back to HMS and had a nice long conversation with Andrew. Result? I'm now the proud owner of the Pono Acacia Tenor Cutaway with Cedar top shown in my sig...click on it for details. Here's mine:

Front-of-Pono.jpg
Pono3.jpg

I LOVE playing the Pono. I also love the Kala. I'm so stricken with UAS, it's embarrassing. Currently, I'm saving for a Mya-Moe Classic Tenor...........

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! Ordering from HMS is a smart move!!!

It does feel good to know you ordered from a shop everyone speaks very highly of. And it is a slippery slope -- I think I may have converted my boyfriend to the joy of ukulele. There may be a Kala KA-CG or a Gretsch G9110 in his very near future. I'm also pondering my next ukulele, but first things first.

And @Karasu, your Pono is absolutely gorgeous!

Not to encourage UAS, but did you notice the HMS blemish page? http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukuele-market/vintage-used-blem-specials.html

Some great deals to be had there. Just saying :rolleyes:

You are terrible, @vanflynn. ;) But yes, I did peruse that page. If only I had $1200 so I could buy that 1920s Martin. I'm a bit of a silent movie buff and it would be fun to have a ukulele of that vintage even though I'm not worthy of it yet.

Bonus clip featuring one of my favorite sirens of the silver screen, Clara Bow. ETA: the embed seems to ignore the part of the URL to make the clip start at 0:53.

Last edited:
Hmm, I tried to reply, but it ate my post.

You are an enabler @vanflynn. ;) I did check out that site and eyed that 1920s Martin. Too bad it's $1900! I love silent films and it would be fun to have a ukulele from that era.

Congrats on your new purchase!
I too ordered a new uke from HMS recently. Last Sunday, on the 31st.
I went and ordered the Pono MS w/Micro Blemish. A Christmas gift to myself this year.
My first Uke !!!
It Looked like too good a deal to pass up... $379 marked down to $179 .I've been glued to the front window looming for the FedEx guy since wednesday! Although, I have yet to hear from HMS on whether it has gone out yet or not.
It's killing me! Lol

I bought my first ukulele on a whim when I saw it for 50% off on Amazon. I'd wanted one for years and couldn't say no to the price. It is an adorable little Johnson Pineapple. I found out it wasn't exactly a quality instrument, but it was what I needed to realize I really enjoyed playing.

That ukulele arrived last Friday and now, less than a week later, I've ordered another one! After a lot of poking around on the internet and watching youtube videos, I settled on the Kala KA-CEM. It seems like the perfect beginner ukulele and, since I ordered it from Hawaii Music Supply, I'm excited about having a properly set up instrument.

Had to share here because I don't think any of my real life friends would get why I'm so excited! Whee!

I've actually made many "real life" friends right here on the threads.

Welcome to UU and congrats on the purchases :)

I too ordered a new uke from HMS recently. Last Sunday, on the 31st.
I went and ordered the Pono MS w/Micro Blemish. A Christmas gift to myself this year.
My first Uke !!!

That's awesome @brutaldiver. It looks like a beautiful instrument. The waiting is so difficult! I keep checking my order status on HMS.

And thanks again for the encouragement everyone. I will post a photo when it arrives!

Whee! I got the shipping notice from HMS today. Now the obsessive fedex tracking begins!

Top Bottom